Can't absorb dragon souls - Can't progress in main story

Bashur

I can't absorb the first dragons soul at the western watch tower and cant progress the story most of my mods have come from the workshop and I have started using the nexus now all I have is a face mod body mod and the static mesh texture mod

I have loaded the save many times and I haven't been able to absorb it, the guards just run away and take cover whilst I'm standing next to the dragon looking like a gump

I can't absorb the first dragons soul at the western watch tower and cant progress the story most of my mods have come from the workshop and I have started using the nexus now all I have is a face mod body mod and the static mesh texture mod

I have loaded the save many times and I haven't been able to absorb it, the guards just run away and take cover whilst I'm standing next to the dragon looking like a gump

I suppose that you're not able to absorb the first dragon soul with installed Dragonborn DLC??? If I'm right, what about uninstall Dragonborn DLC, make a bit progress in the Skyrim main quest and install DLC a bit later... (anyway I think that you need at least character with level 10, but I'm not sure) if you have this problem in general (regardless to Dragonborn DLC), then I'm not able to help you (without some googling), because I'm not aware about this type of glitch in vanilla Skyrim..

Deadly Dragons , baby dragons, passive dragons and immediate dragons. has know to cause this issue. it caused it for me. I turned off these mods when doing that quest. turned it back on and was able to absorb souls after finishing that part of the quest line. Some people still have issues however.

• 2 months later...

I have done everything on this thread minus the one that was said that it might cause lots of problems later on and nothing works i even tried taking all my mods off and then just using the unoffical patches and then without the unoffical patches nothing worked i even tried the fix that adds the dragon actor file that i had been missing

I have done everything on this thread minus the one that was said that it might cause lots of problems later on and nothing works i even tried taking all my mods off and then just using the unoffical patches and then without the unoffical patches nothing worked i even tried the fix that adds the dragon actor file that i had been missing

even starting a new game??.. if you don't mind - could you upload your savegame file (any that is not working for you)? I'd like to look at it ;))