Got new RAM. what to add?

jonar

so I got my ram upgraded from 2G to 4G. Should I now attempt to play with higher resolution textures, increase my settings, or add more mods that add stuff to the game like more encounters, etc. Any advice is welcome.

running a

Intel core duo cpu E4600 @ 2.4ghz

Vista 32 bit

AMD Radeon HD6670.

4 GB ram.

so I played about an hour with my existing mods and using Skyrim -Elys- MemInfo my max page file usage was just a little over 1G and max memory usage was just under 900mb. So what kinds of mods do I have room for to take advantage of my remaining memory? Texture replacers, Creature mods, overhauls, script heavy mods, quest mods, gamplay changes?

With more memory your computer can load more things at the same time.

With faster processor it can make more processes at the same time.

With a better graphics card,your graphics will be better/frame rate higher.

But these are the general common,sometimes there are exceptions,as in Skyrim specifically the processor does the shadows,which is something normally done by graphics cards.

With more memory you will notice that if you up the view/draw distance,there will be less lag. Of course as you walk in the wilderness and more things appear,they will also have to be processed,so you might still get some micro-stuttering when the game loads more trees and npcs and stuff. But try upping it and see how it goes. Actually I think that with the more RAM you will actually also notice some difference in everyday usage.

I once booted my PC with only 2gb ram and I immediately noticed that it took like a second more to load something I usually load.