Skyrim script extender problem

dragion6238

I just want to ask something.Do you need to have steam so that you could launch skyrim with skyrim script extender? beacaause i just downloaded the latest version of skse and patched skyrim but when i launch skse the cmd window opens and instantly closes.I really want to fix this so please help me!!!! :confused:

heya, is this the first time you have used SKSE?

the command window is supposed to close. SKSE takes a good long time to start Skyrim the first time you use it after pc start up. if you are patient it will eventually bring up the skyrim menu. it may look like its not doing anything but it is :biggrin: . after the first startup it will be much faster (unless you restart your pc). hope this helps

I just want to ask something.Do you need to have steam so that you could launch skyrim with skyrim script extender? beacaause i just downloaded the latest version of skse and patched skyrim but when i launch skse the cmd window opens and instantly closes.I really want to fix this so please help me!!!! :confused:

Are you using SKSE 1.6.6 (for skyrim 1.8.151)?

Are you use SBW (borderless window, etc) [later version of SBW auto detect skse and can mess-up skse's ability to read commandline args]

Also, do you have multiple skse dlls in the root of your skyrim folder, if so remove all but the latest version (skse_1_8_151.dll)?

One more, thing you can look in the same folder that your game saves are written to (it is probably one folder up from it) and look for SKSE/skse*.log (this might give you a clue as to what is happening)

Edited by NeoH4x0r