Using EVE and All Weapon Sounds Overhaul

alexdaubney

Hello! I've run into a bit of an issue with my game. I'm using eve and all weapon sounds overhaul together. All of the ballistic weapons work fine, but the vanilla sounds are being used for all energy weapons rather than the overhaul ones.

I know it has something to do with eve, and there is a patch for it on the AWSO nexus page, but it is a merged patch for yup, eve and wmx, and I don't use wmx so the patch won't work (missing masters).

I'd really appreciate if anyone could give some advice on how to fix it. I know it can probably be done in xEdit, but i'm not too experienced with using it.

Thanks!

There is no way to really get around using a "compatibility patch file". If someone else doesn't make one specifically for your combination of mods then you will have to learn how to do so yourself. This is not a bad thing if you tend to use many mods. It is more intimidating in the abstract than in practice, but it can be a bit tedious because the process is not very tolerant of errors. Making two plugins compatible is relatively easy. It's when you are trying to make more than two compatible that things get tricky.

You have two options: remove the unwanted master(s) from the existing patch file (creating your own version of it: Please see the wiki "XEdit - Sort & Clean 'master files' from a plugin" article), or "rolling your own" patch from scratch. The latter option does mean you can make your own choices as to which of the conflicting plugins will be the "winner" in the case of each conflict or even going with a completely different change. Which approach will be "easier" depends upon how many record "winners" come from the master (WMX) you wish to remove. Just remember: only make changes to a new "patch plugin file" you create; never to the original plugins. That way you can always start over again. Make and keep frequent backups. Read and follow the 'Conflict Detection and Resolution' procedure in the 'Tome of xEdit' documentation.

Be careful about the 'patch' terminology: there are differences between a "Bashed Patch", a "Merged Patch", and a "Compatibility Patch". In this specific instance you want to create a "Compatibility Patch". Please see the wiki article "Compatibility Patching" for the basic process. There is also the "Multiple file Merge-Up Procedure" article for a more complex example with three plugins.

-Dubious-

Edited by dubiousintent