Hey guys.

Stonedentity

Hey guys, i'm really gutted atm, after seeing farcry2 had the whole 'hold right click to aim', i was hoping fallout3 you would be able to toggle it, like 90% of other fps games. (it really made me not able to play farcry2).

Is there a mod available to toggle your sights already or some option i haven't found? ( sorry if there is) or am i being crap? On fc2 i was trying to get autohotkey to work, but im getting damn confused at it.

Anyhows, thanks for any replies, and sorry if this was in the wrong section of the forums.

It's the right section because there is no way to toggle iron sights in vanilla fallout3.

You only zoom in on the crosshair a little like with the SIG 552 and AUG in Counter-Strike.

And there's no way to mod it because we can't screw with the vanilla animations, we can only work with them.

100% of the blame goes to Bethesda.

Well different games do different kinds of iron sights.

The cheap ones is a image of a zoomed close up blurred view of a iron sight, that appears when you zoom. The other a actual iron sight from the back of the gun that moves the gun into the center of the screen.

I would really like to see this put into effect.

Where, when I zoom with the gun (Preferably only the Hunting Rifle, and two Assault Rifles in the game), instead of just "zooming" the image closer, it brings the rifle sights in line with the camera, center of the screen. Think: Battlefield2

Is this possible with just those few weapons? Or would it require major overhaul of the vanilla graphics.

Archived