crash when attempting to trade with merchant

lichy123

there is a warning on the compability mod, tho, saying that i should use the old mod until i make a new character or it will crash my game, unless i understood it wrong.

For which mod? Jaysus's Swords? Where did you read that? No, it won't CTD your game at the character creation menu. You can actually edit the esm to correct the error records if you are familiar with reading records in TES5Edit, but it's just easier if you download the compatibility patch and install it.

i just went "meh.." and downloaded it anyway, worst case i would delete the esp, right? no crashes. guess i read it wrong or it was referencing a different mod. so far i haven't experienced any crashes from inventory or trade stuff. i have gained the new and improved random crashed when i press F5 to quicksave, guessing it draws too much from my machine after more than an hour of playing? who knows, its a minor bug i can deal with.. i see it more as a "hey, go rest a bit or do something else" kinda bug ;)

You should save often, even in vanilla Skyrim the game will unexpectedly CTD from time to time. I save any time I've done enough things that I don't feel like repeating (which is generally about every 10 - 15 minutes). Even though my game rarely CTDs, it still gives me 'peace of mind.'

It's good to hear your trade menu CTDs seems resolve, but what did you do with the plugins not recognized by BOSS?

Edited by ripple

i haven't touched them YET other than checking for any dirty edits. they are pretty minor stuff that either add music or armors, so i doubt they conflict with anything. guess im being slightly lazy but ill get on it sooner than later.

for the moment i have moved the bashed patch to the last load order, that way nothing will override it, at least.

well, i was wrong.. the bug still exist. went to that mage guy in whiterun to buy some spells and it crashed. so i actually got 2 bugs now XD

edit: im 99% sure this is caused by a magic item.. a tome or scroll or something. im putting the pieces together now. the mages of the jarls who sell magical items, a mage NPC that i killed, belathor or w/e his name is who sells sells stuff from all sorts, including magical ones.

i checked via the console on the items contained within the storage chest of the vendors but there were to much items to pinpoint it. guess im gonna take a trip to an npc i killed that crashes my game when i loot him, he must be holding the same item.

edit: checked all the places i could remember, all the bodies that had it are gone. this is beginning to be very frustrating.

Edited by lichy123

case solved, at least the inventory crash. it was requiem's new dragonborn patch made by the user Myewggs. took me a long story to realize the patch could be the one to blame, had to cross dates and stuff lol... i thought it would solve the crash to desktop thing but as soon as i press F5 it crashed to desktop, but i did press Esc so maybe thats why (optimistic thought, and i highly doubt it).