Installed High poly head, game not launching

bazinga313

Hello all. I recently installed the high poly head using vertex. As far as i can tell i installed it properly. I went through the fomod and installed the proper parts. When I launch the game, it sits at the logo screen and will not go farther then that. As soon as I uninstall it, the game launches right up. What could possibly be causing this. The game doesn't crash, it just sits at the load screen.

• 3 weeks later...

any help or suggestions would be appreciated. I was able to get it to play but when loading the head the high poly preset I had downloaded was all jacked up like it was hit in the face with a bag of hot nickels. tried again today after reinstalling high poly head and once again it will not load.

What version of high poly head exactly did you install? In fact, there are different versions - here on the Nexus and elsewhere.

Maybe you picked a version for Skyrim LE? Or you installed a high poly head not properly converted for SE? Meshes not properly converted to Skyrim SE CAN crash the game. That would be an explanation.

What version of high poly head exactly did you install? In fact, there are different versions - here on the Nexus and elsewhere.

Maybe you picked a version for Skyrim LE? Or you installed a high poly head not properly converted for SE? Meshes not properly converted to Skyrim SE CAN crash the game. That would be an explanation.

I am using version 1.4 for SE. I thought that for a moment too after it wouldn't work. but I double checked and it says 1.4(SE), so it is definitely the proper one. After reinstalling it I checked different boxes in the fomod which allowed the game to launch but now the high poly head is not showing in racemenu in the face part slider. I have all of the supposed requirements including racemenu(duh lol), and expressive facegen morphs, and expressive facial animations for female and male. I've tried running it with the optional requirements and without. The only time I got it to work and the face was all messed up was when i uninstalled the facial animations for female mod, but I have a feeling thats what caused the preset to be messed up since it was a requirement for the preset. I honestly haven't had this much trouble installing a mod before.

Also I haven't figured out exactly which combination of mods and fomod options are causing it to not launch yet. If i could get it back to where I can at least launch the game and it still show in racemenu then I may be able to tinker with it and figure it out.

Edited by bazinga313

• 1 month later...

I'm having this exact same issue but with VR. Installed a single high poly head retexture for a follower and stuck at logo screen. Using racemenu 0.4.16 and the VR patch 0.4.14 for it, though I've been having all sorts of assorted issues with them. Almost relieved to see an overlapping issue with a non-VR SSE user...

Semi-Update: For me, it's literally just one high poly head for one follower (Kaidan, to be exact), but one person in a thread linked below had this to offer, if you are a Vortex user (I am not, so it is worthless advice for me). Leaving this here for anyone who may stumble across this thread like I did via Google.

"Bad news is there's still an issue with never-ending installation. I got around this by right-clicking the mod in Vortex and selecting unpack as is. It then installed fine."

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/34836?tab=posts

I don't like Vortex, but I tried this seemingly simple solution and it worked. I reinstalled the damn software, loaded in Kaidan's high poly head mod, right clicked it, selected "unpack as-is", and installed it that way.

Blammo, no more infinite launch screen. It loaded up just fine. So if anyone is trying to get a high poly head to work and you're cursed with an infinite launch screen, use Vortex to install it, even if its not your mod installer of choice. Save yourself some time.

Infinite launch is back, so I have no idea. It's ONLY this one high poly head mod, so I'm going to live without it. Good luck out there.

• 3 weeks later...

with high poly head my skyrim se wont launch at all so I can't even get to that logo screen.

I have a similar issue, but for some reason it depends on which options i choose in the fomod when installing the mod. I can't seem to figure out how to get high poly head to work at all. If i install it and just leave all the options when installing the game will launch but the head option in racemenu do not appear and any high poly head I install do not work. I have changed the options in the fomod when installing high poly head a dozen times to get it to work. There were several times when the game itself wouldn't even launch. I've tried f*#@ing everything. Its goddamn ridiculous that such a simple mod just won't work. I give up at this point. I've been trying for months to get it to work and nothing has helped. My only other option right now is going to try a different body type maybe bhunp. otherwise f*#@ this mod.

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I just had the same problem. Not sure if you ever figured it out, but make sure you have an SE version if you're using Skyrim Special Edition. It will not load if you have the LE version.

I actually ended up purging all my mods in vortex and just enabling the ones for high poly and all my body mods(just switched to bhunp) and I finally got it to work on a new start. Then the tedious task of enabling all the mods a few at a time to try and figure out which ones might have been causing the problems. After getting all 225 mods enabled the game still worked so I have no clue what was causing it to not load the game, but its now working. I hate that I had to do all that just to get a better looking character, but in the end it was probably worth lmao