A Robot story.

TheLotusEater725

Howdy folks long time lurker first time poster here. Anyways i was watching the new terminator trailer the other day and i noticed something; the terminator wastelands look a lot like the fallout waste lands. Now if it is one thing i learned from oblivion modding it is that almost anything can be created given enough time and enough people with the necessary skills and talent. Unfortunately i do not have skills or talent when it comes to modding games which is why i humbly request the service of my fellow gamers.

The idea/plot so far.

Keep in mind this idea is VERY rough right now. with further development from myself and input from other writers and modders the story will be fleshed out and hopefully improved.

Shortly after the main quest in fall out (this would require the free play after main quest mod, perhaps it could be included with the mod if Zalmoxis and DJ_Kovrik give permission to include it) you are walking through the waste-lands blowing up bugs and being a general bad ass. You come up on a town that is littered with dead bodies and strange vehicles that appear to be unmanned laying on the ground smoldering. Brother hood of steel members are there talking about a new threat from what appears to be "the enclave" after all they were the only people with technology THIS advanced. Among the strange vehicles there are severed limbs and heads that appear to be covered in some new, unheard of power armor, but instead of human organs there is mangled circuitry and wires. you ask a brotherhood of steel member what happened here and he tells you " we do not know, all we know is that these killings are happening more often and they are always accompanied by squads of these vehicles and strange soldiers." " it almost appears that they are "harvesting" and exterminating these whole towns. at this point we have very little intelligence on why these killings are happening. " You look around one of the downed vehicles and notice that there is an accessible data port on them and you can "hack" your way into the system. You come up on a directory screen and there you see what instructions the robots were given learning that they will be going town to town on missions in accordance with Project D.E.I.T.I. (Destroy, Erase, Improve, Termination Initiative). And from there the quest begins. The overall idea is that a secret government AI computer was created to protect the people and the nations infrastructure in case the government had been destroyed. The computer was given the ability to produce and design foot soldiers, vehicles and weaponry to arm and protect the populace via automated facilities and robotic servants. It had also been given technology based off of the G.E.C.K to render the land and water usable again. One highly protected government panel was given the data to access to the main computers systems so it could stop the program once political order had been reinstated and warfare had ceased. somehow the computer had become Rouge and sought to eradicate majority of the human race and to rebuild it and improve it by genetically engineering a superior human. One immune to radiation, disease, hunger and thirst. It does this because it seeks to use the human race as it's own personal army for global and eventually intergalactic domination. The main AI thinks that it can create a more efficient and powerful being by engineering humans into biological computers. By doing so it believes that it not only will have protected the human race but had also lain the foundation for a superior galactic presence in the intergalactic government. It turns out the government was hiding knowledge of an alien threat. The aliens had threatened to invade the earth if they did not cease their practice of nuclear defense. They threatened to undo us from within our own governments and should that fail to level our entire planet in order to protect the galaxy. After the war the aliens left earth considering it no longer a threat since mankind more or less did himself in. But they still kept sentry on the planet to make sure man did not repeat himself. The Main AI had knowledge of this so that while rebuilding the nation/planet it would not incur the wrath of the "aliens". Deeming the aliens a threat to itself and humanity it instead would eventually seek to destroy the aliens . Now obviously this would incur the wrath of the aliens but also their allies.

Now obviously there are plot holes but those can be fixed. The storyline and plot arc are very very rough at this point and there is no character dialogue written. As far as a real world scientific plausibility goes we have to remember that this is a video game where radioactive waste makes Ants 100x their original size and turns humans into giant green men who are surprisingly skilled tailors and know how to operate complex weapons instead of giving everyone brain damage and cancer.. The point is that we can work out the scientific plausibility so it doesn't sound like it was written by a bunch of middle school students who just got done watching I, Robot , and the terminator movies.

General ideas on What would need to be created and how the mission will play out.

The first part of the story will require defending a few new or already existing towns from the computers army. As the story fleshes out there will obviously need to be missions to advance the plot . during the first few missions where you defend the towns you gather data from the robots and vehicles which eventually lead you to surviving members of the secret government panel.You learn about the computer and it's mission and how it became rouge and bat poo insane. Afterwords you have to infiltrate a robot production facility and destroy it and then make your way to the final mission. Eventually you meet with the main computer and you are given the option of joining it to advance the program or by playing along with it so you can gain it's trust and eventually kill it.

What needs to be created.

Weapons:

I'd like to see new weapons or re textures of existing weapons. Ideally they should all be laser or plasma weapons. I am short for ideas save for the few below.

Some sort of nuclear device like the Experimental MIRV only instead it is like a Gatling gun that fires off .50 cal sized nuclear bombs.

New laser weapons.

plasma swords or light sabers.

Armor:

I'd really like to see new types of power armor that can be harvested off of the dead robots and worn by the player ( this could play into the infiltration missions maybe?) They should have some similarities to the tesla armor aesthetically speaking but should still be unique unto their own. Perhaps they can have night vision or thermal capabilities and maybe an enchanced VATS hud.

Vehicles:

I would really like to see a few walker/mech style vehicles that are capable of being piloted by the player. They should have some sort of on board computer terminal so that the player can gather mission specific information on them. As far as how many different ones can there should be we can brainstorm and discuss.

I'd like to see modified/unique vertibird style craft. Perhaps jet engines instead of props.

Tanks. Big giant robot tanks that destroy everything in their path.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So any thoughts/ suggestions? anybody that is willing to help create this mod? Anybody who has existing mods that would fit in to this and would like to include them? I know i do not have skills in using the SDK or programming in general. But i have had some good experience in writing short stories, screenplays and character dialogue . I am very open to any suggestions or criticism when it comes to writing and have no problem working with other people. Basically i am not going to be a jerk about anything because i know where i stand in the creative process and believe that anything and everything i do is always subject to improvement. I have also been told i have a real talent with voice acting. I'm not saying every idea will be accepted or applied by myself and others, but that every idea has a fair chance

So, is this a good idea? Is it doable or will we have to wait until fallout 4 or five?

Look forward to working with y'all

Archived