A request for all modders wanting to build something BIG

esrafael

I found this at the top of the forum.

I got a better idea: Think INSIDE THE BOX! I've seen a lot of cool new-world mods with these expansive places you can go and extensive underground tunnel systems and whatnot, but I think there's a huge potential for simply fleshing out the existing map. As I run around the Wasteland looking for Raiders to deface and hunting rifles to repair my own I come across buildings that simply have no doors. You know the ones I'm talking about: the rows of buildings (and even the lone half-skyscrapers here and there) standing there as scenery that have no insides.

If a group of like-minded modders got together and simply carved out these non-buildings all over the place they could double the size of the game without having to find more real estate. I wish I had the skills and now-how to spearhead a mod team like the ones building the Morrowind re-make of Oblivion (still going on? I have no idea), and start putting rooms and people in all of these fake buildings.

It doesn't have to be the hugest undertaking: use the same factions, use the same NPC's, use the same weapons (or by all means, make more!), just give the DC Wasteland an actual population!

You make a good point, adding areas within the existing map is possible. But I thought it would feel more like a barren wasteland if things were more spread out and there was more empty space instead of walking 10 feet and hey, there's another settlement, or cave, or whatever. I've only just started to mod so its beyond me, but I was hoping someone could extend the map so we could have a real wasteland.