Vertibird

bumcheek

I was looking through the mod suggestion and wondered if it would be possible to have a pilot-able vertibird like the flying akatosh mount in oblivion, just wondering if it would be possible and maybe have a quest to steal it from the enclave, or find a crashed one that you need to repair?

also a parachute so you can jump out in an emergency (like in dwemer technology part 2 on oblivion) ?

its just a thought so if it would be impossible to do just say.

I agree with fussy. A pilotable vertibird mod is possible but it would not be aesthetically pleasing to fly over the terrain. if someone made a mod that put roofs on the buildings and the mountains of rubble it would work well with a vertibird mod. The No borders mod would probably be needed to make buildings like the capitol complete. And either one person who has countless hours or a team would have to spend A LOT of time editing the stock textures and meshes as well as creating new ones..

I agree with fussy. A pilotable vertibird mod is possible but it would not be aesthetically pleasing to fly over the terrain. if someone made a mod that put roofs on the buildings and the mountains of rubble it would work well with a vertibird mod. The No borders mod would probably be needed to make buildings like the capitol complete. And either one person who has countless hours or a team would have to spend A LOT of time editing the stock textures and meshes as well as creating new ones..

It's worse than that. Almost every section of the DC ruins has it's own worldspace, connected only by the Metros. It's literally impossible to fly from one to another.

It's worse than that. Almost every section of the DC ruins has it's own worldspace, connected only by the Metros. It's literally impossible to fly from one to another.

Well there is probably a way to bypass that. If i were to take an educated guess ( i have no real modder skills unless you consider the ability to voice act and write relatively decent mission/quest storylines a modders skill) but you could probably work around that in a way similar to the Open cities mod. It doesn't make too much sense that the game is incapable of linking to other sectors of the map without the use of tunnels or paths through rubble piles. It's really frustrating to have to find a path or tunnel to go to the next area. Especially considering that fo3 is more or less the oblivion engine with a couple of new features. Plus when you use the TLC command you see that megaton has a top down model, much like the towns in oblivion had without the Open cities mod. My guess is that they had plans to incorporate a flight model and didn't go through with it. That or they figured modders would make their own mods that would link the worlds and let them fly . It makes no sense from as a ground exploration view either.

Well there is probably a way to bypass that. If i were to take an educated guess ( i have no real modder skills unless you consider the ability to voice act and write relatively decent mission/quest storylines a modders skill) but you could probably work around that in a way similar to the Open cities mod. It doesn't make too much sense that the game is incapable of linking to other sectors of the map without the use of tunnels or paths through rubble piles. It's really frustrating to have to find a path or tunnel to go to the next area. Especially considering that fo3 is more or less the oblivion engine with a couple of new features. Plus when you use the TLC command you see that megaton has a top down model, much like the towns in oblivion had without the Open cities mod. My guess is that they had plans to incorporate a flight model and didn't go through with it. That or they figured modders would make their own mods that would link the worlds and let them fly . It makes no sense from as a ground exploration view either.

The Open Cities mods for Oblivion involved completely rebuilding all the small city worldspaces into the main one. Also, as mentioned, roofs and so forth would need to be added for all the buildings in the DC area. I wouldn't be surprised to see it happen, but it may be a while, it would be a colossal amount of work.

Archived