Fallout 3: Resident Evil mod

goreface

I have plans on making a very simple mod now for start. If someone could provide with things such as a Umbrella Jumpsuit (Reminding of the one the zombies in RE:Extinction) that would be appricated, but also anything concerning Umbrella will be very appricated and probably added as I have no plans of doing them myself. I prefer to build, making basic scripts, clutter rooms and that I can do with only the GECK.

Well my plot is that:

I was thinking of an abondond house somewhere in the wastes that for both inside and outside looks normal, for the wasteland. The inside is as all other houses well looted and not much to find in. But there are some strange signs in there, barricaded rooms and quite many dead bodies.

As the player scavenge the house he/she finds the basement, there it's just a looked elevator and one dead body.

On the dead body however the player finds a note leading to another underground location. Below a destroyed hospital the player finds a research location, after have battled through several raiders who uses the hospital as base. When the player enters the research locaton (I use the ruined vault architure for it) a surviving scientist runs up to the player.

He starts a quest (that yet have no end) there he wants you to:

1. Save that that can be saved, research for example.

2. If there are any left in there save them to, he has antivirus if they are infected.

As reward, I have not yet planned actually, antivirus, XP ofcourse, maybe a good weapon not to over powerd though. In the vault/research departments overseer's office the player can find the key to the looked elevator in the abondond house.

That's about how far I've come, the research location is designed as mentioned a ruined vault and not 100% done, and for the Umbrella CoOP base in the basement I've used the Enclave architure and only started on. I am also not good at quest scripting, so I am having serious issues with the scripts I need to use. Force dialogue for an example.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe we should put our head together. Im doing a Hive mod (you know, the Hive from Resident Evil). You can find it here; Umbrella Corporation-The Hive

Watch the pictures and let me know what you think.

Right now Im retexturing the Tenpenny Tiles so they look like Spencer Mansion in the Resident Evil movie.

• 3 weeks later...
i dont know if any body has noticed this BUT the trogs in the pitt DLC well if you look at there animations dont they remind you of lickers? they could be used as a base to make lickers.

I'm pretty sure this has been mentioned, or maybe I'm thinking of the other Resi topic.

Tis a good point though. Maybe you should try to get the permission of a few of the weapons mods makers and see if they'll let you use some of their stuff...like the tactical vest's and some of the newer weapons.

Need some help understanding Umbrella. They have two different units, I will use three. First we have the UBCS (Umbrella Biohazard Countermeasure Unit) which Oliviera and his team belongs to. This is what the wiki says about UBCS: "The Umbrella Biohazard Countermeasure Service (U.B.C.S.) is a special forces unit owned by the Umbrella Corporation, specializing in rescue operations during biohazard outbreaks. It was founded by former Soviet Colonel Sergei Vladimir. Numerous squads of UBCS soldiers are deployed to Raccoon City, supposedly to search for survivors and to help contain the zombie epidemic. In fact, they were deployed so that Umbrella could gain reliable combat data regarding their biological weapons—a fact known only to their supervisors. Although the U.B.C.S. has been very successful in every operation but one, the unit suffers a high mortality rate due to the hazardous nature of their missions. Thus, the U.B.C.S. is comprised almost exclusively of convicted war criminals and mercenaries from around the world who joined the U.B.C.S. as an alternative to capital punishment for any crimes they may have been caught committing. The unit consists of about 120 operatives, divided between four platoons (with two or three squads per platoon)."

Then we have the USS (Umbrella Security Service) which is the guys with kevlar armor and black helmets in Apocalypse. This is what the wiki says: "The U.S.S. (Umbrella Special Service) also known as the U.S.F.U (Umbrella Special Forces Unit) was an Umbrella special forces unit. They played a similar role as the UBCS. However, the U.S.S. were specially taught mercenaries with experience in infiltration while UBCS were just criminals released to fight for Umbrella. In Resident Evil 2, Alpha Team attempted to steal a sample of the G-Virus, causing the city-wide outbreak in the game. Delta Team appeared in the prequel Resident Evil Zero. Delta Team was sent in to blow up the Ecliptic Express after the trouble occurred, but was overwhelmed by the leeches and wiped out.They were under the direct command of Wesker and Birkin. The U.S.S report directly to the highest ranking officers in Umbrella. Unlike the UBCS, which performs more visible missions such as rescuing civilians, this unit maintains total secrecy and a small size. The U.S.S are trained at Rockfort Island. Members of the USFU are ex-military, highly trained, and dedicated to protecting Umbrella's various assets."

So UBCS will use beige pants, a green shirt, a black kevlar vest with the Umbrella sign on the back. The USS will use a black jumpsuit with kevlar armor and a black riot helmet. The USS will also act as the suit guys in Apocalypse. I will also create a special branch for USFU, different than USS so it will go against the lore abit. USFU will wear a black jumpsuit with kevlar, gasmask and helmet.

What do you think?

And one question. What team does the response squad in the first movie belong too. Many says UBCS but they doesnt seem to be the ordinary mercenary. So does they belong to USFU.

Listen,the idea sounds good enough but I see no point in reskinning all textures to black and tagging em with the umbrella simbol, i'd focus on the gamemode (perhaps survival crisis z style (google it, it's a free zombie rpg you would love it) if I was you. But if you need textures count on me (pm me with your requests and I will skin and re-skin for your mod, i'd like it to move forward).

Good luck.