Can't Create Script

MadTod

Just like @Johnbarar, I extracted the scripts.rar file into my Skyrim Data folder, and I can now create scripts that extend scripts!

The rar file extracts a "Scripts" folder containing a "Source" Folder, and the "Source" Folder contains all the script files, therefore you want to extract to your "Data" folder, not inside your "Scripts" folder.

Thanks a ton!

I ran into the same problem with creating a new script. Something buggy with the latest version of the CK is what I was told. In your Skyrim data folder under Scripts there should be a file called scripts.rar. Extract that into Skyrim/Data/Scripts/Source and you'll be good to go.

Just a correction dolphin66th, you should extract the "Scripts.rar" to your Data folder and let it merge all folders when asked. :smile:

If you take a look at how the "Scripts.rar" is structured inside, you will notice that Scripts folder inside is exactly how the Scripts folder looks like, and the DialogueView folder should be in the Data folder with the Scripts folder.

Edited by KunoMochi

• 6 years later...

Yes it worked for me.

Open up the Rawr folder named Scripts in your Data Folder.

Go into the Source Folder in that Rawr

and extract all the psc files into a new folder.

Then move all those psc file into your Date / Scripts / Source

When done with your mod, dont forget to delete all those psc files.

you can tell which they were by the date you extracted them.

• 1 month later...

I'm also having this problem the same routine as the Op even. I'll try this fix process hopefully It'll work and nothing bad will happen. I have "A lot" added to my CK but this script I'm trying to add is moving to another World Space in a big Mod; really necessary.

Edited by MikeCobalt