(request) a small player home in solitude please~

SilverNirvash

theres a small tower that seems like there could be something inside it because it has windows and the area below it seems a bit flushed like as if there should be something there but theres no entrance to this specific spot as far as i can tell. unless im just bad with direction or something and i believe it would give me a nice view of the city so i was hoping someone could make it into a small player home for me? nothing EXTRAVAGANT but you know it should have a small bed, some storage and MAYBE a tanning rack and anvil other than that i dont need much in it just a place to hide out in when im avoiding bounty hunters and such.

the location im talking about is below in the screenies i uploaded.

I haven't really worked much with modding, but I'm interesting in trying. If you could give me some more details as to what you're looking for and a location for where you would like it (Not quite sure where that tower is) I could try and create something.

I know generally how to create homes, dungeons, etc, and I would like to publish an actual mod on the Nexus so I can begin contributing to the community :)

I haven't really worked much with modding, but I'm interesting in trying. If you could give me some more details as to what you're looking for and a location for where you would like it (Not quite sure where that tower is) I could try and create something.

I know generally how to create homes, dungeons, etc, and I would like to publish an actual mod on the Nexus so I can begin contributing to the community :smile:

i actually found a better location for the small house mod i want made its just at the main gates to solitude heres a screenie or two of the spot and i was thinking it could be turned into a pointed tower with an entrance to the lower near the stairs under neath where the walkway is on the wall something simple i dont quite care of the overall design of the place but the things inside i'd like to be specific for instance i'd like the home itself to be in the worldspace of solitude but the entrance to be only usable by me if that's at all possible. i'd also like there to be some windows so i can look out at the city watch npc's and stuff it seems like the perfect sniping spot honestly lol

but heres the basicly the features i'd like

1 bed

1 anvil

1 tanning rack

1 chest

1 mini smelter similar to the one in the havenbag mod

1 wardrobe

1 manniquin

open windows to the world space of solitude

player exclusive access to the home

a very minimalistic home nothing too extravagant.

the design and location of everything is up to the person making the mod i won't fret on those details.

and the idea behind player exclusivity to the home i was thinking making it so that you load into a small stairwell up to the home then load back into the world space of solitude? would that prevent NPC's from entering the home? or do i just not have to worry about that kinda stuff? honestly i've never seen random npc's wandering into player homes before so i guess it shouldn't be a problem lol

Edited by SilverNirvash

There's a few problems -

If you want it in the worldspace of Solitude, it would have to have its mesh redone (if it doesn't already have an inside)

If that's not the case, I could easily do this :)

I'd just lock the door every time it's closed, and give your character the key.

oh sweet so then you could do it!? uhm no it doesn't have an inside because there is no way up to that part above the stairwell leading to that spot. ok when you first walk into solitude where you witness the beheading you go to your right towards the stage and theres a little door that leads up to the walk way on the wall. i BELIEVE that spot is after you walk up you walk through it to continue around the walkway but that spot doesn't have anything above the stairway other than that tower nothing inside it no room no nothing. also i was hoping you could turn the top of it into a pointed tower so that it has a bit more space so yeah you would have to redo the meshes and textures a bit anyway to give it that small expansion lol and hey this is a bit out of the way but why not make that part an upgrade like a buyable expansion that physically changes the tower after it's purchased. OH AND YES I WANT THE HOUSE TO BE PURCHASABLE. as much as i love free homes they tend to make the world feel a bit.....too easy to get what you want.....like the mod "a summer home" its a great looking house but it comes with too much free crap its almost a cheat mod in of itself you know? yo u don't gotta work for anything in it.

Okay, this would take some time, but I think I can handle it :smile: I'll see what I can do.

(I might even cheat and take an already built tower from the game but add the features to be purchased, etc. that is, if you don't mind.

My e-mail is [redacted] if you're interested in contacting me there, and I have skype as well as my own Teamspeak server we can communicate in if you're interested.

Okay, this would take some time, but I think I can handle it :smile: I'll see what I can do.

(I might even cheat and take an already built tower from the game but add the features to be purchased, etc. that is, if you don't mind.

My e-mail is [email protected] if you're interested in contacting me there, and I have skype as well as my own Teamspeak server we can communicate in if you're interested.

mmm well i kinda DID want something unique to the city of solitude but for a base you could take an already built tower yes but honestly i can't think of anything unique to use as a mesh for the walls inside lol. i was thinking wood but i dont think that would fit because the outside is stone and i dont think they had such a thing as wood paneling in that time (if we're basing it off of a real time period it would be medieval or even the dark ages)

All I'm saying is, that if you want me to build a custom tower, it would take more time :smile: that's all.

aaaah well if you want like i said you could use an already built tower from the game as a base and build upon that to make it feel more unique it sup to you about how you go about it. so long as it feels unique to the city of solitude while at the same time feeling like it fits there ill be happy.

oh and about something we haven't even discussed! A NAME FOR THE TOWER! i always think that a home owned by the dovakiin should have some kinda name that signifies its epicness even if the home itself isn't at all EPIC. but in this case i guess it should be more simple of a name?

Edited by SilverNirvash

Because it's more of a hideout for your Dragonborn, and because it's just in the town of Solitude, no more than another tower on its own, a simple name would probably fit better. A lone tower in the wilderness perhaps would warrant a more epic name. :)