Wierd FPS issues,

Beccy

Minor update, i've gone through a few fixes now and something even more wierd is happening, i'm still getting the stutter sometimes in open world, but fraps FPS overlay is now telling me that during those visible stutters my FPS is going above 60fps, it climbs to 62-65 for a fraction of a second then bounces back to 60, but the stutter is really visible when it happens, so i'm totally stumped,

Ok, minor Necro-thread going on, i've done some more testing, and some more work and its still there, i've even found a perfect testing ground where i can 100% recreate the effect. For those asking heres my Boss Reports

Recognized

These plugins are
recognised by BOSS and have been sorted according to its masterlist.
Please read any attached messages and act on any that require action.

• Skyrim.esm Active
  • Update.esm Active
    • Contains dirty edits: 73 ITM, 1 UDR records with 3.0.28. Needs TES5Edit cleaning. A cleaning guide is available here.
  • Dawnguard.esm Active
    • Contains dirty edits: 607 ITM, 82 UDR records with 3.0.28. Needs TES5Edit cleaning. A cleaning guide is available here.
    • Bash Tag suggestion(s): {{BASH: Delev, Relev}}
  • HearthFires.esm Active
    • Contains dirty edits: 171 ITM, 11 UDR records with 3.0.28. Needs TES5Edit cleaning. A cleaning guide is available here.
  • Dragonborn.esm Active
    • Contains dirty edits: 57 ITM, 8 UDR records with 3.0.28. Needs TES5Edit cleaning. A cleaning guide is available here.
  • ClimatesOfTamriel.esm Active
    • Contains dirty edits: 4 ITM, 0 UDR records. Needs TES5Edit cleaning. A cleaning guide is available here.
  • SPIKE.esm Active
  • HighResTexturePack01.esp Active
  • HighResTexturePack02.esp Active
  • HighResTexturePack03.esp Active
  • Chesko_Frostfall.esp Active
  • Craft, Temper, Smelt.esp Active
  • Decorator Assistant - SKSE.esp Active
    • Note: Use only one Decorator Assistant*.esp
  • Convenient Horses.esp Active
  • SkyUI.esp Active
  • iHUD.esp Active
  • 1nivWICCloaks.esp Active
    • Bash Tag suggestion(s): {{BASH: Relev}}
  • 1nivWICCloaksCRAFT.esp
    • Warning: Use only one WICCloaks esp.
  • 1nivWICCloaksNoGuards.esp
    • Warning: Use only one WICCloaks esp.
  • hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.esp Active
    • Bash Tag suggestion(s): {{BASH: Delev, Relev}}
  • Medusa and Drakul Armors.esp Active
  • Ritual Armor of Boethiah.esp Active
  • Lock Overhaul.esp Active
  • BecomeABard.esp Active
  • SameWalkRunSpeeds.esp Active
  • UnreadBooksGlow.esp Active
  • ClimatesOfTamriel-Dungeons-Hazardous.esp Active
    • Incompatible with: Realistic Lighting Overhaul
  • ClimatesOfTamriel-Interiors-Warm.esp Active
    • Incompatible with: Realistic Lighting Overhaul
  • RealisticNeedsandDiseases.esp Active
  • RND_Dawnguard-Patch.esp Active
  • RND_HearthFires-Patch.esp Active
  • Predator Vision.esp Active
  • ElementalFuryFix.esp Active
  • GriptzionTeleportMenuSpell_DLC.esp Active
  • SSAPBWK.esp Active
  • UnlimitedConjuration.esp Active
  • MorePP.esp Active
  • ReadAndLearnSpeechcraft.esp Active
  • Sit Anywhere.esp Active
  • TheEyesOfBeauty.esp Active
  • AmazingFollowerTweaks.esp Active
    • Contains dirty edits: 6 ITM, 0 UDR records. Needs TES5Edit cleaning. A cleaning guide is available here.
  • Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp Active
  • WATER.esp Active
  • WATER Plants.esp Active
  • RND_Water-Patch.esp Active
  • RaceMenu.esp Active
  • RaceMenuPlugin.esp Active
    • Note:
      RaceMenuPlugin is optional and provides support to alter Height,
      Breast, Glute and Biceps. If you experience issues with it, disable
      RaceMenuPlugin.esp and inform the author.

Unrecognized

• mortenhairs.esp Active
  • NoMoreGlowArmor.esp Active
  • BardRequestBreak.esp Active
  • SlavePackRiekling.esp Active
  • RND_Dragonborn-Patch.esp Active

What i have learned though, is that it most likley is connected to being mounted, (Oh er!) If i ride a horse south from the Honningbrew Meadery to the Chillfurrow Farm, i get the wierd 60+FPS stuttering, if i run, or sprint it, i don't. I've tried with, and without Convenient Horses to rule that out (Its my only horse related mod) and it makes no difference, i've also tried changing the LOD quality in the settings to no avail, I recently re-installed Skyrim to see if that helped, and its made no difference to my save, I'm about to try a clean save with a horse in the same place just to see what happens.

Any suggestions would really be welcome!

Beccy

*Edit*

Its not ideal, because my recording skills are weak, but i tried to capture the effect here, its not really visible because Fraps does fun things with framerates anyway, but its the best i could do :

Also, tried a completly vanilla install, and it worked fine in exactly the same place, so its definatley something tied into my mods, so far i've ruled out (by removing then testing)

Convenient Horses
The HD texture packs, 1,2+3

WATER,

Edited by Beccy

First thing is to clean the plugins flagged by BOSS as containing 'dirty edits.' Download TES5Edit form that link, follow the step by step instruction on the page if needed. You'll need to remove identical to master entries as well as undelete/disable deleted references.

Second, what do you normally do with the mods that are not recognized by BOSS? I cannot emphasize enough that plugins not recognized by BOSS need to be dealt with and must not be allowed to simply load at the bottom of the load order or randomly reordered. If they contain conflicting records with other plugins, loading them at the bottom of the load or anywhere without first checking to see if there are conflicts will basically undo all previous efforts to stabilize the load order.

Third, the framerate fluctuation you describe does not sound like an issue caused by 'regular' mods (we are talking stuttering caused by FPS above 60, rather than low FPS, which I've read about before and is always related to something other than plugins or load orders). Are you using any external 'booster' type utilities? It could also be ini settings. If you have made previous modifications to the game ini files, back up your modifications then delete the ini's so the game will generate new ones on the next launch.

Edited by ripple

I've generated new INi's before, and after the clean install of Skyrim, so i've ruled that one out, i've not done the TESVEdit, its mostly only the Bethesda DLC's that need it and considering this is a fairly recent issue, i didn't think it worth it, (In terms of correcting this issue).

As for the unrecognized plugins, i've not done anything with them, but i can't see that any of them would have any connection to the issue, not enough to cause suspicion anyway :S.

*Edit*

Forgot to mention, i'm not using any third party software of any kind, and normally its only skyrim, and basic windows process' running in the background, everything else is closed (With the exception of steam)

Edited by Beccy

i've not done the TESVEdit, its mostly only the Bethesda DLC's that need it and considering this is a fairly recent issue, i didn't think it worth it, (In terms of correcting this issue).

As for the unrecognized plugins, i've not done anything with them, but i can't see that any of them would have any connection to the issue, not enough to cause suspicion anyway :S.

I don't understand what you are trying to tell me....are you saying that because a cancer patient didn't start experiencing symptoms until he went for a medical check up, that smoking is unlikely to be the cause of his cancer since it was something he's been doing long before he went for a check up?

Why don't you just clean the plugins (which everyone should do even if they experience no issues with their Skyrim set up) and disable the unrecognized mod, start a new game and see if it fixes the stuttering problem? If it doesn't, at least you can rule those out as possible causes (and like I said, I don't think they are the cause of your weird framerate issue, but they should be handled anyway, to ensure long term game stability).

Edited by ripple

Have you tried leaving all mods on,and only disabling one mod at a time?I saw you disabled texture pack 03,did you try with all 3 packs disabled,but all your other mods still active?You got a 550ti probaly 1GB RAM and with HD packs,and adding things like ambient occlusion on,8xAA,16xAF,and ENB can add to fps and stuttering issues.I'd also suggest make sure you're using the 314 drivers, try disabling threaded optimization(seems broken still) in the videocard drivers,and change the max prerendered frames to 0(can reduce some stuttering and mouselag issues).You can also try this to limit frames,maybe it could be the issue,it works for some people http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/34 .I see you don't use the Unofficial patches for scyrim and DLCs,is there a reason?As for cleaning,for a game it's way diff scenario than someone with cancer.Granted,it can be test cleaned,as long as files are all backed up,but possibly not the cause.My game is stable and FPS stay about 45-60 some times drops to 25 depending on where I am,since I know the limits of my system(Athlon II x4 610e,GTX650 1GB,4GB RAM,WinXP 32bit),and I got saves about 15M so far no issues and do not clean files. Edited by Belial666

While i'm greatful for your help ripple, I'd like to suggest we don't just bandy the comparisson to cancer around. Cancer is a serious illness and takes the lives of hundreds of loved ones every year. Its not the sort of thing that should ever be compared, or used as a metaphor for a gaming issue.

What i'm trying to explain, is that i've never cleaned any files, now, or obviously before TES5Edit came out, while i understand it has amazing effects, and limits lots of features, and probably SHOULD be done, what i'm telling you, or trying to is that i can't see how it could be relevant given that 99% of the dirty edits exist within Bethesdas own DLC's and the game has run perfectly with the above listed setup since Dragonborn released, it was only 1-2 days before my Original Post here, (After i'd completed the Dragonborn DLC) that i noticed the stutter, and then exclusively on Tamriel as i never took my horse to Solstheim.

@Belial, I've tried running with all mods on, all mods off, and removing individual mods to test, i listed the ones i had tried above (Those that seemed logically connected to the stutter via location, or cause i.e. horse mods, water (as theres a river right next to it) I'm not currently using an ENB and until the issue started about a week ago i'd experienced no lag, or no issues so i don't think the HD packs are to blame, (Even though i'd tried disabling them and the issue doesn't fix) I'm currently running at 4xAA and 4xAF only because going higher doesn't appear to help much, but does cost me FPS, and i'm not running an ENB.

I'm unsure what "314 Drivers" are, but i'm using the most up-to-date ones available for my card from Nvidia, I don't know what "Threaded optimization" is, or how to disable it, (But i will google) and i am currently testing the max pre-rendered at 0 to see if that helps, along with a FPS limiter suggested elsewhere.

As for the unoffical patches i've never had reason to need one, so i've never gone looking for one is the basic answer, i don't belive in fixing things that arn't broken. But i'll look into them to see if they offer any support for these kinds of issues.

Beccy

There is a few quests that you won't even realize started or finish without the patches,I was tearing my hair out til I finially gave in and installed em.They seem fine and don't cause issues,and can be unmarked with no sideeffects so far(I disable it temporarily sometimes cause they fix the wearing circlet and falmer helmet thing,but I like that issue,lol).The 314.07 drivers are the latest WHQL drivers from NVIDIA came out on the 18th.Right clicking the desktop,and choosing the nvidia control panel,you can access the 3d settings,and change settings.Here's a link to my settings http://static.skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/images/31119-1-1361660956.jpg

Update,seems latest nvidia drivers only do 1,not 0 for max prerendered frames.

Edited by Belial666

Yeah i just found that out, i've run all the tests and i'm still getting the wierd stutter, it seems like the more i'm messing with it, the worse its getting, so i think i'll just leave it alone, i mean i've spent the last two days trying to get rid of a tiny stutter and hardly enjoying playing.

On the posiitive side, it definatley only happens while i'm mounted, so worst case scenario i just walk :D, or walk the horse i guess. :D Thanks for all your help though guys, i guess a fix just isn't worth the risk of breaking my current stability! <3 ya'll!

Edited by Beccy