ufo,aft or fft? duel or deadly combat?

marmo1233

Hi,

i just recently started to play this game and i decided to install all the great mods available on Nexus.

So, ATM I'm using UFO but since i want to install "My home is your Home" and i found the existence of aft and fft, i m curious about wich one is better

and gives less problems and what you think about extensible follower(used in combo with one of the 3 mentioned).

Same question about duel and deadly combat:

wich one is better and is not buggy and can be uninstalled easily.

ATM i'm using:

skyrim+dawnguard+heartfires+dragonborn

official hd with bethesda optimizer http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/9080

TPC with all the optional mods: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/20801/#content

project enb: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/20781

and:

ClimatesOfTamriel.esm
Fantasy Music Overhaul.esm
ApachiiHair.esm
Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp
Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp
Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp
Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp
SkyUI.esp
HighResTexturePack01.esp
HighResTexturePack02.esp
HighResTexturePack03.esp
StaticMeshImprovementMod.esp
Skyrim Flora Overhaul.esp
SFO - Expanded Diversity.esp
Radiant and Unique Potions Poisons and BOOZE.esp
PilgrimsDelight.esp
Better Dynamic Snow.esp
Footprints.esp
Birdsofskyrim.esp
Crimson Tide - Blood.esp
Dead Body Collision.esp
DeadlyDragons.esp
DeadlyMonsters.esp
Presets 2-3.esp
DeadlySpellImpacts.esp
faster vanilla horses.esp
3DNPC.esp
CompanionValfar.esp
HothFollower.esp
Odvar.esp
EMCompViljaSkyrim.esp
WetandCold.esp
UFO - Ultimate Follower Overhaul.esp
navetsea female face preset.esp
Basvanbeu MuscleTextureChanger with Navetsea set.esp
Cloaks.esp
Cloaks - Player Only.esp
Cloaks - No Imperial.esp
ClimatesOfTamriel-VanillaNights-Lvl-3.esp
Improved Combat Sounds v2.2.esp
FMO - Non-Replacer Version.esp
EDIT: if you know better mods about improving the combat system/difficulty and about followers let me know
ty
Edited by marmo1233

Hi,

First of all, I noticed a little problem with your Load Order:

1) Cloak of Skyrim

Use only ONE ESP not ALL three.

So, either Cloaks.esp, Cloaks - Player Only.esp, or Cloak - No Imperials.esp, not ALL of them

For future reference, be sure to CAREFULLY read mod READMEs and installation instructions.

2) I'm using AFT and I really like it's party customization options. I can make all my companions into mages, or warriors, or archers. Lydia can be a mage and Brelyna can be turned into a warrior. I really dig that kind of party flexibility and customization!

Also, while I initially wanted to use UFO, it doesn't have the option to turn your followers into vampires, vampire lords, or werewolves like AFT does. So that for me was a selling point too. Thanks to AFT, I've created a Dunmer Vampire Lord coven, and plan on creating an Orc Werewolf Den :P

Still, I'd like AFT to continue to update and work out some glitches. Yet, AFT is easier to install/uninstall than UFO, from the looks of it

3) I'm struggling between the choice of Duel vs. Deadly. Still haven't decided.

On one side, I like Duel's stealth system and smarter enemies, but I don't like how weak the weapons do damage. I don't like overdawrn, long battles. They are more strategic, but longer.

On the other side, Deadly is right up my alley in terms of fast-paced and how much damage is dealt (high, both by player and by enemies), yet what I miss is the smarter enemies and better stealth system. Yet, ACE and/or PISE NPC behavior mods probably improve NPC AI in a similar way, but not the same way as Duel.

Lastly, I'm not sure why Duel currently is more "popular" by numbers than Deadly. Duel has 3,861 endorsements, 108,802 unique downloads, 695,033 views, while Deadly has 1,382 endorsements, 56,777 unique downloads, 389,898 views. I find this odd because on most other sites, I find that more people recommended Deadly or Partick's combat mod. I guess Nexus users prefer the more slow, methodical, strategic fighting of Duel.

One last thing that I always consider is modder's responsiveness and latest update date, especially if the mod HAS to update in light of new DLC like Dragonborn. Duel was last updated on February 9th 2013, while Deadly was updated on August 9th 2012. Yet, this should be taken with a grain of salt, since some mods are good, regardless of DLC or updates. Still, it's an indicator.

So, now to users who have tried both Duel and Deadly. What did you like about each? Dislike about each? What did you end up using?

Thank you in advance,

Best!

Well,

first of all thank you about your reply.

1)About the cloak booting files, i did it in purpose since it is the only way to make it work otherwise i can equip capes but npcs do not.

2)What i do really like about UFO is the ability to set my follower not able to die (remain unconscious until the end of battle if defeated) and this other improvements:

a)Houscarls --All houscarls will move to their towns player house when you purchase it
b)Level caps --Level limits have been removed on vanilla followers (some possibly require new game for level limit to be gone depending on type of npc introduction to the world)
c)Dual wield -- All followers can dual wield if given appropriate weaponry
d)Gender animations -- All follower animations are gender appropriate (example of Lydia by default using male animations)
e)Weapon drawing -- Followers draw weapons in combat and no longer each time a player does.
f)Sneaking -- Followers will not engage while sneaking, unless spotted or combat starts.
g)Marriage -- All followers have been marked with flag to be available for marriage.
h)Bow/arrows -- Endlessly spawning bow and arrows have been removed

I'm using a modded follower with great customizations:

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/20787

so i do not care much about mods that gives party customization options. Maybe in the future i ll swich with AFT for the vampire/werewolf compaion :)).

3) I'm struggling between the choice of Duel vs. Deadly. Still haven't decided.

On one side, I like Duel's stealth system and smarter enemies, but I don't like how weak the weapons do damage. I don't like overdawrn, long battles. They are more strategic, but longer.

On the other side, Deadly is right up my alley in terms of fast-paced and how much damage is dealt (high, both by player and by enemies), yet what I miss is the smarter enemies and better stealth system. Yet, ACE and/or PISE NPC behavior mods probably improve NPC AI in a similar way, but not the same way as Duel.

Lastly, I'm not sure why Duel currently is more "popular" by numbers than Deadly. Duel has 3,861 endorsements, 108,802 unique downloads, 695,033 views, while Deadly has 1,382 endorsements, 56,777 unique downloads, 389,898 views. I find this odd because on most other sites, I find that more people recommended Deadly or Partick's combat mod. I guess Nexus users prefer the more slow, methodical, strategic fighting of Duel.

One last thing that I always consider is modder's responsiveness and latest update date, especially if the mod HAS to update in light of new DLC like Dragonborn. Duel was last updated on February 9th 2013, while Deadly was updated on August 9th 2012. Yet, this should be taken with a grain of salt, since some mods are good, regardless of DLC or updates. Still, it's an indicator.

I'll try deadly with dodge mod(it is easy to install and uninstall):

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/5485

http://www.skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/29258/

and wait feedbacks about duel.

I feel the same about battles being too long...it is my first play in skyrim and i've to do all skyrim, dawnguard and dragonborn. If i put longer fights i'll never finish it! XD

Only input I can give on this is I have had UFO corrupt more save files then any other mod I've downloaded (and I've downloaded hundreds) Usually happens when you change your load order to much, try to uninstall it, or do something wonky in game with it. Maybe I just had bad luck with it, but I still wouldn't suggest it to anyone unless they were really careful and installing it and all other mods before starting any characters, I got lucky and only lost one character with more then 30 hours of play time, all the others where back up saves and characters with less then 5 hours.

I have tried AFT before, and I think I am going to go with it again, it;s really the only follower mod I have come across that is worth the time and effort.