Fraps fixes mouse problem?

Chikokishi

By stair stepping i am litterally referring to the movement of the mouse. If you watch, it will move straight sideways followed by straight down... rapidly. The lines that you are seeing (the darker tones) are due to using a digital camera to record the video. With Vsync on i get a terrible framedrop down to around 25. I have found AA To be much more diffucult for my laptop to run than FXAA. I do not know my videocard driver settings. I have no mods installed. In the INI i disabled mouse acceleration as you said. I have no antivirus on my computer and i did a clean install of the system not 3 weeks ago.

I feel as if i have horribly explained my problem. Although much of the help i am getting is good advice, it seems to be tailored toward the wrong problems =(

Hopefully i can explain clearly.

My framerate, graphics detail, screen resolution, game mode, display, appearence, colours, output... anything of that sort is not an issue.
My game runs perfectly well, the sound runs perfectly well, there is no glitching or crashing of any sort.

My problem is that the view does not move smoothly, especially in diagonal directions.
... this is not a mouse, hardware, system, operating system, or compatability issue.

I know these things are not an issue because when i am recording with fraps (and only when i am recording with fraps) the mouse performs perfectly well.

This indicates that my hardware is fine, my cpu is fine, my system as a whole is fine. So what is making it work properly while recording with fraps?

The few leads i have gotten (dedicated single cpu, framerate limit, etc) have all been "That is a stupid idea"ed by other posters, so that is a bit confusing.

And by this time i feel like I have let you guys down by presenting a question poorly, i am sorry. If I can make this easier in anyway, please let me know. I only want to learn what is going on so that we can help others fix their problem also.

Chiko

Belial, for that to make a difference, the framerate would be so damn low there would be a miriad of other apparent problems.

AMD's equivalent of pre-rendered frames is "Flip-queue size".

The reason for the shuddery camera movement is due to the erratic fps, as I said earlier.

Fifty, I tried the DLL trick and nothing changed. I did however discover that the glitching only happens in the up and down movement, and not really the side to side. Thus making the stair stepping problem. I also discovered that if i run the game in windowed mode, the mouse runs smoothly. Even if i run it in 1080p windowed mode.

So it is fixed in:

Windowed mode, any resolution, any frame rate

Fullscreen mode, any resolution, fraps recording, any frame rate

So windowed mode and fraps recording must have something in common.

Chiko

FiftyTifty, I owe you an apology. I dropped the .dll into my game when you first mentioned it, but i did not go into the config of it and set my framelimit. I had assumed the .dll did that itself. I was playing with it and set my limit to 30 and at first glance at the game i do not notice a mouse problem. I mean, it is still slightly there, but I think that is due to the porting from 360.

Anyway, sorry! The game works well now. I wish i had noticed my mistake earlier. Thanks for the help.

Also, as to why Fraps fixed my computer. I had "fix frame rate" checked in the video recording screen. i wager that did it.

Chiko

Edited by Chikokishi