What to do?

İm currently thinking of buying an Alienware x51 and its specs r:

3rd Generation Intel® Core™ i7-3770 (8M Cache, up to 3.4 GHz)

Windows® 7 Home Premium, 64Bit, English

8GB2 Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM at 1600MHz 1TB SATA 3Gb/s (7,200RPM) 32MB Cache NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 660 1.5GB GDDR5

İs it a Good idea to get this comp or building one For under 1100$?(gonna use for gaming)

Note: 1100$ includes monitor etc)

The specs must be better with a countable difference

Im a noob at things like this..And dont wanna waste my money

And if its better to build one,i will be greatfull if somebody recommends me parts to get

Thx!

CPU:

3770 isnt good for pure gaming. 3570k OC'd beats it and is cheaper.

AND the Xeon 1230v2 CPU is the same as 3770 without iGPU, but the price is the same as 3570k.

GPU:

A picture tells more than a thousand words.

http://tpucdn.com/reviews/NVIDIA/GeForce_GTX_Titan/images/perfrel_1920.gif

And the GTX660 that the Alienware has is OEM, basically its a stripped version of the GTX660 you see in the ^ chart (only 1,5gb vram, etc.).

EDIT: What is the price of the Alienware? From the specs I would guess around 1500$ at least... And the only 1100$ x51 I can find is this pile of pure crap.

As Im lazy, here is a chopping cart from Germany that I copy/pasted from another thread. Price in $ is ~1213$ but it also has a 100$ SSD on top of the traditional HDD. Without the SSD the price would be around 1100$.

HD7870XT is about 2% slower than 7950 you see in the ^ chart.

Edited by kalikka

8GB2 Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM at 1600MHz 1TB SATA 3Gb/s (7,200RPM) 32MB Cache NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 660 1.5GB GDDR5

İs it a Good idea to get this comp or building one For under 1100$?(gonna use for gaming)

And if its better to build one,i will be greatfull if somebody recommends me parts to get

Thx!

i found the one with the specs i want at 1100<span style="font-family: lucida grande" ,="" 'lucida="" sans="" unicode',="" arial,="" verdana,="" tahoma,="" sans-serif'="">$(the specs i posted)

and abt the answer,should i build my own or not?

u know...the alienware is like a poopular brand like nike etc lol im still using my shoe for 5 years and its still good as new except the dirt on it :P

(let me know if telling brand name is against rules dont ban me lol)

Edited by Pokezeynep

Thx!

i found the one with the specs i want at 1100<span style="font-family: lucida grande" ,="" 'lucida="" sans="" unicode',="" arial,="" verdana,="" tahoma,="" sans-serif'="">$(the specs i posted)

u know...the alienware is like a poopular brand like nike etc lol im still using my shoe for 5 years and its still good as new except the dirt on it :P

Are you sure it isnt the i5-3450 + GTX640 POS?

They both have the same name but the serial codes are different.

X51 with the baaad specs, 1100$ normal price.

x51 with the specs that you mentioned, 1350$.

If you really get the i7+GTX660 alienware for 1100$, I guess its ok buy. Otherwise you can build a much better one by yourself.

Edited by kalikka

Thx!

Are you sure it isnt the 3450 + GTX640 POS?

They both have the same name but the serial codes are different.

ah acutally i copy pasted it from here:

http://www.dell.com/us/p/alienware-x51/pd.aspx

its the third one im looking at

Seems ok with that price. Though I would be afraid of what kind of PSU they put on those rigs... Even if its alienware (who doesnt know alieanware? cmon!)

Usually the "brand" increases costs without any performance boost. Though that is unusually low price.

Made a PC with the same specs (xeon instead of i7, branded GTX660, etc.) and the total price is 1085$.

Ofc when you build your own PC you get alot better warranty (PSUs usually have 5year warranty, etc.) and know exactly what parts you will get.

And its fun to design/build/OC your very own PC^^

Edited by kalikka

Seems ok with that price. Though I would be afraid of what kind of PSU they put on those rigs... Even if its alienware (who doesnt know alieanware? cmon!)

Usually the "brand" increases costs without any performance boost. Though that is unusually low price.

Made a PC with the same specs (xeon instead of i7, branded GTX660, etc.) and the total price is 1085$.

Ofc when you build your own PC you get alot better warranty (PSUs usually have 5year warranty, etc.) and know exactly what parts you will get.

And its fun to design/build/OC your very own PC^^

Yup u r right!Im gonna ask some places at another city abt it.

And tbh...i think there is only few ppl who knows what is an alienware is....lol

and just for fun!my current crap pc which cant even play games at low settings without bad lags,is Hp touchsmart 600!how good is its specs lol