Armor issue / staying warm

llyndred

Hi guys iv downloaded around 15-20 mods in my skyrim it was running slow so i turned down the graphics to medium from high :(

but anyway thats not the issue just thought id mention iv downloaded mods to roleplay as a bit of an adventurer or a ranger type character, so i am using frost fall and fur cloaks and hoods ect that kinda thing, my problem is armor.

the heavy armors and light armors in the game are great but i will freeze if i wear them and i need to stay warm espeically in the snowy mountain regions of the game.

can anyone help me combat this? i need to be able to protect myself in battle i keep getting killed all the time so gotta get some protection.

hope you can help thanks alot for reading

If you have the newest SkyUI and the newest version of frsotfall, you can deeply costumizable frostfall, so that you freeze slower, don't die from cold (just get waaaay weaker and slower) and you can turn WEAR off, so that your gear doesn't effect anything. There is also a "Check gear" spell that should be available even without SkyUI that should let you manually change each type of armor piece (For example Steelplated Gauntlets) to have a higher or lower WEAR rating.

Frostfall takes a lot of tweaking to get it to work best. Remember, LOCATION effects you more then anything. If you are near winterhold or windhelm, you will die from cold much much MUCH faster then if you are near Riften, if there is a blizzard, that amount increases again pretty dramatically. I personally like Frostfall to be brutal and relentless, but I can see were it makes the game a pain to play sometimes. Thats why Options where created though!