[Req] Dual wield

Cotton007

Thanks for the comments and discussions guys!

I totally agree with what BlaCkBlitZ said. Most of the time you get hit by a raider and you can't see the red mark on the radar. Mind you I have very high perception.

As for the dual wielding being obsolete, I say who cares?? It would LOOK bad ass. And you have to admit, when Halo 2 came out, that was the single coolest improvement, I mean, who DIDN'T enjoy dual wielding needlers.

Back to topic, I know someone will eventually make a mod like oblivions Ambidextrie.

The perception of all the enemies in the game is ungodly and something definitely needs to be done about this.

when Halo 2 came out, that was the single coolest improvement, I mean, who DIDN'T enjoy dual wielding needlers.

*raises hand*

all the weapons in Halo 2 that you could dual wield were useless, even when you WERE dual wielding them, the assault rifle, sniper rifle and shotgun were pretty much the only weapons I found to be any good.

anyhow as for the raider ranges, I think it would be better to make the player ranges longer rather than the enemy ranges shorter, in real life the average range of most assault rifles is around 300m, video games very rarely allow this and Fallout 3 has the opportunity to actually have realistic ranges for both the player and the npcs, not just the npcs.

though having a shotgun with a range of anything more than 20 meters is sheer lunacy unless they are from an AA12.

realistic ranges would be

70-80 meters for pistols

150 for the smg

300-400 for the rifles, with the Chinese only 300 and less accurate than the other one (so the Chinese assault rifle isn't inherently better)

and around 1km or more with the sniper rifle and minigun (heavy machine guns and sniper rifles have very similar effective ranges, unlike most video games where heavy machine guns are almost always short range, they are in reality some of the most long range and deadly weapons on the battlefield)

not sure what the effective range is for the average missile launcher

another realistic thing would be to have the blast radius of a frag grenade identical to a fat man, fragmentation grenades have a lethal blast radius of around 10 meters,

actually i wasnt a big fan of dual wielding at all on halo 2 because you couldnt use nades which in all reality were 100X more useful then a second gun

well, seeing as how in FO3 you have to hotkey separate weapons, i.e. pistol on 1 and nades on 2, it kinda wouldn't matter.

TO ALL

the discussion on the dual wield isn't how useful in real life it'd be. You see in oblivion all these aesthetic mods. I don't care if it isn't smart or it's obsolete. I'm just sayin, it would be awesome. It could provide a kinda cool new twist...

I mainly suggested this because i use the 10mm the most. Personal favorite because of the spread on the auto assault weapons and auto 10mm. For those who have the sheriffs duster, you could dual wield the .44 mag or revolver and be totally western.

In simple unrefined terms, it would simply be cool.

As for the range thing, I don't like the idea of the increased player range so much. Mostly because on my computer (i don't know if it's just me) but it doesn't show the npc raiders or enemies at the range they can shoot. Basically you would have the general direction of the enemy thanks to radar, other than that any unscoped weapon is virtually useless.

I imagine it's the same animation problem as so many other things. I'm guessing you probably can't just "mirror" a right handed animation without it being it's own separate one, but I really don't know. Accuracy and reload times would probably take a huge hit, if you were trying to be realistic about it at all. What would really be something is being able to engage two targets at once that way, but I don't know how you'd pull something like that off, short of having two mice... :P

I imagine it's the same animation problem as so many other things. I'm guessing you probably can't just "mirror" a right handed animation without it being it's own separate one, but I really don't know. Accuracy and reload times would probably take a huge hit, if you were trying to be realistic about it at all. What would really be something is being able to engage two targets at once that way, but I don't know how you'd pull something like that off, short of having two mice... :P

or an xbox controller. lolz

Archived