[Request] Body part aiming for melee weapons

dexxtaa

Topic title.

but just as a personal opinion, i think aiming for melee weapons is pretty dumb as it stands, with the player only being able to aim at the enemy as a whole.

in fallout 2 you get to aim at any individual body part regardless of weapon choice, so i thought it was pretty dumb that it wasnt featured in the fallout 3 release.

if there are any modders out there, id really like to see a mod released that allows players to target individual body parts.

im not sure if the GECK can do this, or we'll have to wait for the SDK, but yeaaah.

if there is already a mod out there for this, please let me know and post a link.

I totally agree, i was surprised and dissapointed at this as well!

(ps this thread should be moved to the 'Requests' forum! )

Once i used my super sledge on the Roaches inside the cage in one of those underground stronghold-type bases where a zombie guy lives...

I did it in vats and smacked the roach good, but as soon as vats ended, i was inside the cage, trapped LOL.

I guess the roaches arent supposed to come out, yet if you get close enough to the cage they bite you thru it =P

Anyways /end tangent

Yeah would be nice if someone could figure out how to make bodypart-targettable melee Vats-ness!

But how bad would you feel if you missed punching someones face at point blank range?

lol good point, but theres always the chance that you miss, no matter what you use.

like the UFC, they miss about 30% of the punches thrown (aside from the fact they weave), so why would it be different ?

hehe bump~

just waiting for someone to take notice of this thread. i think it has potential to be a good mod when it comes out.

I guess this is also a bump

I have no idea about how the GECK works. I have looked at it for a bit but I don't think I'll spend my time getting into yet another modding experience. There are enough people here who know it already so it's easier to just request and hope for the best.

Anyway, it could be there is just a simple switch that tells VATS what type of weapon is used, so switching between long range and melee. Sometimes it's just that simple. Mostly however it's not, so this is a long shot. I suspect also that there might be a possible problem with animation in VATS with the weapon just generally hitting the body, not the targeted body part, but heck, as long as one could chose to cripple a leg with a lead pipe, that would be enough, where it hits in the animation is secondary.

I suspect also that there might be a possible problem with animation in VATS with the weapon just generally hitting the body, not the targeted body part, but heck, as long as one could chose to cripple a leg with a lead pipe, that would be enough, where it hits in the animation is secondary.

I agree, I suspect animation was the reason they had melee and unarmed targeting restrained. I know it's doable to turn it back on and it'll function for gameplay purposes.

• 4 weeks later...
About bloody time someone said this! I threw a damned Fit being a Fallout 1 & 2 Fanboy when I saw I couldnt shoot people in the groin or the eyes in Vats...... and then when I saw I couldnt even AIM properly with a Melee weapon I was ready to strangle the developers! For the love of the Wasteland VATS NEEDS THE SAME TARGETING FOR MELEE THAT YOU GET IN RANGED COMBAT!

Archived