[Question] Race specific Body replacers? | Refitted vanilla clothing?

FiftyTifty

Hey there, got a question or twa.

There are several body replaces kickin' around, an' I'd like to know if it's possible to hurl 'em in New Vegas as race specific, so not everyone has the same body.

Also, do the various body mods on offer have mods which re-fit the vanilla clothing to the new body? Coming from Skyrim, it's just awful (for example) when an NPC has a thin, curvy body with clothes on; when the clothes come off, the body is now huge and flat.

Thanks in advance.

I've actually thought about this a few times.

First, it's fairly simple to give each race a different body type, near effortless. But making the equipment match would be... Possible but arduous, very heavily scripted, and a compatibility nightmare. For each piece of clothing you'd have to have a specific form for each body type, and a script that matches the target's body type with the right form.

Doable, not easy, and I don't know of anyone who has done something like it.

I considered doing this for males, but then I remembered people would demand a Breeze version and a vanilla male version and a female version and then a larger breasted female version that bounces... Then I lost interest in doing the work lol.

The hard part would be the sheer amount of work that would have to go into the armors more then anything, the scripts would be hard but the armors would be really tedious.

Surprised no one else mentioned it. Just search for Body By Race. It does almost exactly what you're asking for.

And yes, Body By Race actually includes an armor replacer, as well called, strangely enough, Armor By Race. If you don't use Body By Race, that's fine, too, most popular body mods have vanilla armor replacers. Type 3 does, Type 3M does, Type 6 does, Type 6M does, BNB does, Type N does and I think Type V does. There are probably even more I can't think of.

None1980: Eh I am not a fan, the bodies are odd for my tastes and the outfits I find highly skimpy at times and not lore friendly. But it is a option for those who like those bodies and want that kind of outfits, though I dont think it gives much diversity to male characters.

luthienanarion: If I ever do take the plunge I will check your mod out for scripting. :)

None1980: Eh I am not a fan, the bodies are odd for my tastes and the outfits I find highly skimpy at times and not lore friendly. But it is a option for those who like those bodies and want that kind of outfits, though I dont think it gives much diversity to male characters.

luthienanarion: If I ever do take the plunge I will check your mod out for scripting. :smile:

If any of it doesn't make sense, I'm more than willing to help. I try to keep the important stuff well-commented, but there's a LOT of scripting in there.