Lore-Friendly Valkyrie race/items and NPCs?

Danman804

So what you want is a decent, but not too pretty, looking woman, war-like, and not at all monstrous. Doesn't sound hard. What sort of specs are we looking at here, Wings?(But may be too close to the modern view.) I personally think that wings are a good idea, because other wise all you'll get is a nord with more power, but the choice is ultimately yours.

Hm. Speaking personally, while I like the idea of giving people wings, I don't like the idea over overly large wings. A size between Elbow-span and Arm-span for the wingspan sounds good to me.

What's your opinion, Dan?

Wings will be nice, but they must be implemented with an image that inspires 'strength' and 'paragon' instead of 'frail' and 'angelic' in modern sense. In that sense, compare image 1 and 2 and you get the idea spot on.

Edit: There won't be any problems making them beautiful, but pretty in our sense of the word is pretty much not befitting. I have personally known some women who by their very presence commands an almost patriarchal, Augustinian respect despite the fact that judging by their facial features they could pass for a cute 14 year old.

It's extremely hard to pull off, so that's why I think starting slow and easy with certain things would be a good idea.

Nords would be the logical starting point, but let's think about ways to make them seem 'above' mortals in a way that inspires awe and respectful deference bordering on awe struck fear. Flaming white or dark hair may be? :) Some more muscle on them bones might also be good. Facial expression should also not be of one that looks naive or helpless but one that is focused, power-wielding and once again, almost oppressive in a sense.

I am going to try and find an image that more closely fits this idea. I think you might be able to do so as well. Let me know if you find anything. In some ways, the one of the old nord heroes such as the one women out of three who originally faced alduin (can't think of her name out of top of my head) is much closer to real Valkyrie - her character, her demeanor ,etc. She should in fact be even tougher than that.

Also, weapons should be battle-hardened but still powerful and have the feel of 'powerful super-mortal force'.

Edited by Danman804

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 years later...