Scripted way to end VATS?

Asterra

Before anyone says anything: I am aware of StopVATSCam.

That's not what I'm after. What I need is a way to end VATS as if the last shot fired was actually the last shot that was intended to fire. What that means is that rather than ending instantly (as with StopVATSCam), there's a good couple of seconds of dramatic pause.

Here's the deal. If you line up several shots in VATS, let them rip, but then open the console mid-playback and type: player.evp, guess what happens? Exactly what I'm trying to get to happen: VATS ends then and there, but it still does the dramatic pause, just as though the last shot fired had always been planned to be the last. But try this in a script? It ignores it, and continues to play the rest of the VATS playback.

I need a way to achieve in a script what I'm able to do with the console.

For the record, I've tried forcing VATS to end elegantly in other ways, such as killing the player's action points and removing their ammo. The game flat out ignores these irrelevancies and proceeds to play the entire VATS playback, unless I do it via the console........

Edited by Asterra

I'm suspecting the console (via keyboard) is "interrupt driven", which enables it to override the normal "play an animation/bink to the end" process. Not sure if a procedure/scripted "console" command is treated as an "interrupt", but did you try that specifically? Otherwise, sounds like something to ask LStewie or jazzisparis and company about implementing.

-Dubious-

Johnny guitar plugin has StopVATSCam

Otherwise you can force the AP cost to be so high that VATS stops next time the PC tries to shoot

StopVATSCam functions in this manner: When it's called, it will wait for the next attack in the queue, and then immediately end VATS cam. So fast, in fact, that the attack it was waiting on actually occurs outside of VATS cam. I have doubts that this behavior is what they were shooting for when they made the function.

Changes to AP/ammo/whatever are ignored by VATS playback. If you remove all of the player's ammo, it'll just stay at 0 and fire anyway. If you remove all of their AP, it'll just overdraw into the negative.

Anyway, I think I got the problem sorted out, or at least have a solution in progress, thanks to TrueCourierSix.