ENBs that are es likely to cause "inverted colors"

ArtMurder

I tend to have this issue a LOT with ENBs, it PLAGUES me, no matter which one I use, or how heavily I edited, SOMETHING always causes inverted colors somewhere. At first it would just do it with really dark blacks, but Imaginator helped me to fix that through contrast editing.

However, anything that applies effects to the screen like night eye eye or predator vision still create inverted colors.

I just wanted to know if anyone know of good ENBs that are less likely to cause this kind of issue? I use a highly customized version of "Seasons of Skyrim" right now.

Also, is there an "General ENB support thread"? I've noticed a lot of people tend to have issues with ENBs, you would think such a thread would exist, but I've kept an eye out for it and have never seen one.

I've had the same problem, but I figured out how to fix it. The key is the color correction section in the enbseries.ini, which usually goes like this:

[colorCORRECTION]
UsePaletteTexture=false
Brightness=1.0
GammaCurve=1.0

To get rid of the inverted colors thing, you'd want to set the UsePaletteTexture to "true", and then just tune the brightness and gammacurve so they suit the lighting of your ENB. I'm not sure why the inverted colors thing happens, but it seems like it happens where shadows can get particularly dark, so my guess is that, without the color correction they get so dark they gain a negative value, which the engine processes as inverted colors. The palette helps define what's black and what's not, so that inversion doesn't happen.

Hopefully this'll help you out if it's still plaguing you, and any others who might have the same problem.

• 4 years later...