Nuke Tenpenny Tower?

liquidlight88

Outline:

I hate Tenpenny tower and it's residents. I would like to accept the mission to blow up Megaton, somehow convince the children of atom to let me (and help me) transfer the bomb to tenpenny tower ...and blow it to smithereens.

So this is quite a big ask involving a lot of work huh? But it would be awesome too eh?

So it could involve finding out about Tenpennys intent to destroy Megaton and accepting (a lie) the mission to blow up the nuke.

Betray the plot to lucas simms who talks to children of atom and convinces them that the bomb is too dangerous to stay where it is when there are people like tenpenny who want to blow it up ... this could also include some persuasion about 'releasing their god from it's confinement'.

The bomb is transported to tenpenny tower.

Ghouls and certain tenpenny residents (but not tenpenny himself) are warned to evacuate the area with the promise of a new safe place to live.

Blow up tenpenny tower.

Ghouls and tenpenny residents are relocated to a new home somewhere where the tenpenny residents are faced with living and sharing their lives with the ghouls .. hehe.

The new location will not be luxurious like you promised the tenpenny residents and they will be angry about this but humiliated also as they come to grips with living in a dump (albeit a safe one) with a load of ghouls.

Is this asking too mutch?

another option would be to elect to not nuke megaton, tell Lucas Simms about it, and organize a party to go raid Tennpenny tower. However, to make things more interesting, you could go with your party and visit the ghouls first, and ask them for help in your raid in exchange for residence in Tennpenny tower. The place is huge, so why not? There would be room for everyone in Megaton who wanted a second home and all the ghouls that hang around trying to get into the tower. And raiding that place would be a lot of fun, i did it once by myself cause i was bored, once you take care of the guards it's just a slaughter. And if you want to be the "Good guy" when raiding the place, you can just kill the guards and then let the innocent residents go. I see a lot of potential in this being a really cool mod, and if you do it this way instead of Nuking the place, you still get the cool home there.

Tell me what ya think?

yeah, well i love tenpenny, and all his guests. . .i blow up megaton on every single play through; even as a good character. . .those fools. . . .buildiing a town around a NUCLEAR BOMB serves em right. . .i hate simms most of all. . .the self-rightous ass. . .and i loooooovvvvvveeeee seeing Mioira as a goul. . . .so there :drag:

dretcher2 ... i like your idea, it's mutch more practical ... doable without involving any graphical changes. If people are gonna move out of megaton i guess i'd like to blow megaton up or maybe the children of atom declare that the bomb is counting down and is going to explode. Nobody can stop it, it's salvation for the children of atom ... but everyone else has to go so you side with the ghouls and take over tenpenny tower, killing everyone or enslaving them all and selling them or evicting them to some real slummy dive somewhere where they still pretend that they're privelidged people who live in luxuy ... heck they could even call the place 'tenpenny tower' , have have crappy sighn outside with tenpenny tower scrawled on it so their 'boutiques' are suddenly rusty iron shacks and their lounge is a few old rusty coffee tables, tenpennys suite becomes an old bus and the bar, suites and other places become grimy old shacks. I just like the reversal of fates thing.

So once yourselves and the ghouls have taken up residence you then get to watch megaton go up from tenpenny tower.

There seems to be a pretty wide scope of things you could do around the idea of megatoners and ghouls taking over tenpenny tower though.

mjjking ... well i can't say i disagree with you, either way is good, i guess it's just about getting the most enjoyment out of the game, i have alot of fun creeping up on, mezzing and enslaving people.

Turning Tenpenny tower into a crater in the ground would certainly put those haughty jerks in their place wouldn't it? Scripting the bomb to be placed at Tenpennies wouldn't be too difficult of a task, maybe even convince the fanatics to haul it out there for you and BOOM! No more incessant preaching about the bomb, no more high horse bigots in their tower. Whats left afterwords? Well a ghoulified Tenpenny would be a fitting Irony for him wouldn't it?

And how 'bout a ghoulified Burke on a mission of revenge? You could even lift some of his Dark Brotherhood dialogue from Oblivion ("No!!! I thought I could get here in time, thought I could stop you....).

That one works even if you just raid the place instead.

why so much hate for Tenpenny?. . . . . .he's a darwinian. . .and they shall inherit the earth. . . .the weak and stupid (a town !!AROUND!! a bomb!?!?!!?!?!)deserve to die and they deserve no sympathy for being the stupid fools that they are. . . . . . . . . I'm being a little Machiavelian ^^

The whole idea if nuking the tower sounds like great fun and all.. bot moraly i just can't condone it... i liked the idea of forcing them to live with the ghouls after you nuke the place tho ^^

Turning Tenpenny tower into a crater in the ground would certainly put those haughty jerks in their place wouldn't it? Scripting the bomb to be placed at Tenpennies wouldn't be too difficult of a task, maybe even convince the fanatics to haul it out there for you and BOOM! No more incessant preaching about the bomb, no more high horse bigots in their tower. Whats left afterwords? Well a ghoulified Tenpenny would be a fitting Irony for him wouldn't it?

Huh? He allows the ghouls to move in and they kill him for his generosity.

Archived