ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

2 weapons holstered at once.

lostami

Here is the outline of the idea..

Ever ask you're self why when you take out your pistol you're rifle disappears off your back 0_o i mean really??

Why not a mod that does something like this.

You holster a 10mm pistol.. then you holster a hunting rifle.. Now both are holstered and visible on you're back and side.

Now pull out a 32.cal pistol and pull it out.. them holster it and it replaces your 10mm in the holster without removing you're hunting rifle...

or get out a sniper rifle and holster it an it replaces you're hunting rifle without removing you're pistol.

That's the Idea... the implementation is up to the modder cause I have no idea how to do this sort of modding...

Thanks for your support.. cross your fingers that some one will make this idea come to life *there's kudos in it for you* (bribe)

• 4 weeks later...

I can't believe no one is willing to to this type of mod. When I got my first rifle in Fallout 3 I immediately thought why the heck can't I have more holstered weapons.

We got all kind of mods for all kind of crap and no one is willing to do this.

I can't remember this type of mod for Oblivion, what is wrong with this world.

:wallbash:

Unequipping a weapon when equipping another is hardcoded I believe. Unless it can be overwritten as such;

begin OnUnequip

return

end

but I doubt it. I once used a programming engine where you could reprogram basic functions, and use the old code later down in the code example;

mob/New()
spawner:
if(!src.name) //if the user has no name
	var/namer = input("What is your name?")
	if(namer.findtext("Goku"))
		alert("No anime characters.")
		goto spawner
	else
		src.name = namer //set the name
..() //then get on with the original protocal

Ofcourse this engine was more flexible, but had more limitations (wasn't 3D, but very powerful). Not sure if script has this function, but if it does I'd gladly do it.

Edit:

Actually, I think it is possible. You set up an armor for every weapon type, and give it no equip type (so it can be combined with anything).

scn ExampleCode
ref item

begin OnEquip
set item to activated;not quite sure of the function
set item.equipped to 1;give each weapon a script

if(item.unequipped == 1)
set item.unequipped to 0
unequipitem item.armorequiv;set up a ref which is connected to an armor
endif

end

begin OnUnEquip
set item to activated
set item.unequipped to 0

if(item.equipped == 1)
set item.equipped to 0
equipitem item
endif

This code would require a lot of tweaking, and would not work on its own but it's a guideline and could help someone who really wants to make it.