ENB: DepthOfField.... can this be fine tuned?

ShadowSky

Hey Guys, I have been trying to get this to work properly and all I have been able to see it the whole screen image blurred. I love the effect it has and for now have been using Gopher's DYNAVISION. Great mod with no loss in FPS but it is not as rich as I've seen from others that got it working right. Also can this be fine tuned in the "enbseries.ini" file?

I did for a brief time got it working and still don't know what I did to get it back. Long story short I have followed all the installation instructions for loading ENBs, I may have missed something or did not get a step right.

If you kind souls can give me some clues to what I'm missing. Thanks in advance.

specs: (if it helps)

MB: Asus POG Rampage III Extreme

CPU: Intel i7 920 @ 4.2GHz

RAM: Corsair Dominator GT 12GB

GPU: XFX ATI Radeon HD 6990

I was wondering as well that the most enb mods have the dof removed atm.

Currently I use a modified SKYRIM ENHANCED SHADERS FX - ENB by Tapioks (you can find the modification here: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/8732). I needed to edit the enbseries.ini as well as the enbeffect.fx, enbbloom.fx and enbeffectprepass.fx to get the dof and godray effects back how I liked it before. After updating the enb dll to a newer version my favourite settings didn't work anymore and made the fulll screen blurry and added too much bloom. Now I'm quite satisfied but I think the settings need good hardware which I have.

May this helps.

Edit: You shouldn't have any problems by your specs.

Edited by MadNuttah

I'm using an ATI 6990 too and tried the following.

You can try to set (in enbseries.ini)

[DEPTHOFFIELD]
FadeTime=0.0
But that will give you a very jumpy DOF effect. Like on and off and on and off.
What i did to get some DOF working is comment out #define USE_SMOOTH_DOF in enbeffectprepass.fx. The fadeTime is @ 1.0 and that works for me.
No smooth dof, but i can use the bokeh dof and additional blur. It looks great imo.
Hope this helps...
Good luck

Thanks guys,

I'm kinda new to modding these files so bare with me. I didn't know that you can mod the ".fx" files. What program do you guys use for this.

I'm with you on that MadNuttah, DOF and Godrays is good enough for me. Can you post what lines you modified on those ".fx" files, I'll give them a go once I can open them.

@BILLY999, I've tried "FadeTime=0.0" look awful. Once I can get into the ".fx" file I'll try some of your setting out.

BTW what kind of FPS are you getting with you HD6990? With my current setting (rig and Skyrim) I average 40-60 FPS and in some areas down to about 29 FPS. I play at a resolution of 5760x1200.

Can't wait for your feedback. I really want this to work out. I'll post some screens later.

TY :)

I have like 80 mods installed a lot of them for better graphics. I play @ 60fps @ 2560x1440 everything on ultra. I don't like how eyefinity looks with skyrim. I've adjusted the field of view to 80 and that works nice. I also have a few skyrim ini tweaks like grass distance rendering and stuff like that. I have my ugridstoload @ 9 and everything seems stable now. IMO my skyrim looks amazing at the moment.

I'm using quietcool ENB with a few personal tweaks. Out of the box it's a tad to saturated so i've reduced that. apart from that i think it's one of the best ENB's out there. Take a look. I have a few images uploaded there as well you can have a look at "my skyrim" :)

To tweak your ENB setting you can just open the fx files in notepad. The specific DOF settings can be found in enbeffectprepass.fx Just try to comment out the smooth dof line

Good luck!

I would suggest to compare my modification with Tapioks original settings and then compare the delta of both with the enb you use. I have changed several lines so I would need to paste the whole files which I mentioned. Notepad++ (freeware) is a mighty tool which you can use to compare texts and easily indentify changes.

Sunset:

http://static.skyrim.nexusmods.com/images/2345988-1362161360.jpg

Hi.

I have been using Matsos version of the enbeffectprepass cause its got lotsa controls that u can change on it.

U can pretty much customize the dof to however u want it to be. i got gaussian instead of bokeh cause of the performance hit. and distances are adjusted for gameplay etc.

It is confusing so u gotta look at this post to understand what the parameters do . matso made diagram for us.

http://enbseries.enbdev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=952

I was able to open those ".fx" files and I feel more lost than ever. There are so many lines of code its kind of confusing. I know most of these were custom made file but is there a "standard" or a listing of identification of these line of text that could tell me what I can adjust and which one I need to just leave alone. I'll do more research but if you guys can post some info on this it would be great.

I know I'm not the only one that could use this info so to all the ENB gurus out their we could use your knowledge and help. TY :biggrin:

@BILLY999, I'm running my ugrid at 7 and so far I'm happy. Like most of you guys I want my Skyrim to look as amazing as possible and still have a good or better FPS. That my goal, I'll check out quietcool ENB and see how it works out.

@MadNuttah, YOU my man have the coolest mod bro, I used it since you posted it...great job.

I'll do that comparison and see what I can change. I play a lot of racing and flight sims so for me triple monitors was a must. With a res of 5760x1200 it's like playing in a movie and gets very immersive. If you or anyone is interested let me know if I can help. BTW great screenshot.

@baduk, Thanks my friend I will look in to that. Full control is good. TY