Can't Leave Markarth

AH1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wanted to say THANK YOU for this thread, and most of all, the fixes. I was racking my brains out last night and this AM as to why I couldn't leave or exit Markarth. I tried everything, COC to exterior cells, various mods disabled, TESEdit, save game cleaner, old saves, etc...and nothing.

Then I Googled "Markarth can't exit" and came across this thread.

Sure enough I'm a Flora Overhaul user. I haven't downloaded the hotfix yet, but I adjusted my INI

[Maps]

uLockedObjectMapLOD=8

uLockedTerrainLOD=16

And deleted the treeslod in my skyrim directory.

And I FINALLY escaped Markarth!!!!!

Thank you again.

I have this problem, but do not have the flora overhaul installed, however I do have the treeslod file? shouldn't I only have that if I have the flora overhaul? anyway i'm going to try now with this deleted, but what is that file normally used for if not flora overhaul?

secondly I can't find the settings you modified , namely "ulockedobjectmaplod=8 and the other one. I looked in skyrimprefer.ini which was in my documents, it's not there. I used the find word in file feature and copied and pasted, it isn't there.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just wanted to say thank you as well! The solution was what many other users found to work too. Just to recap for everyone, that solution is:

1)

Find the "skyrim.ini" file usually located in:

C:\Users\[YOUR NAME HERE]\Documents\My Games\Skyrim

2)

Add the following lines under Maps (or if Maps is not present just add it at the bottom)

[Maps]
uLockedObjectMapLOD=8
uLockedTerrainLOD=16
3)
Delete the LOD file (tamrieltreelod.dds) for trees (usually) located in:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\textures\terrain\Tamriel\trees
(it's from Skyrim Flora Overhaul)

--

• 3 weeks later...

Hello guys, had the same problem, try removing the floral overhaul (this was mod related for me because it stopped doing so instantly after the mod was removed). I didn't even do a quest inside markarth just entered and left and it happened 20 times atleast, So yeah Skyrim Floral overhaul is what i think is causing it. *flies away*

Edited by NEGERSPOON