Problems with Fallout NV ENB 0150

OK so installed Fallout New Vegas ysterday, taking a break from Skyrim and started getting some old fave mods on and looking for new stuff. Having had great results with ENBs in Skyrim I looked around and grabbed an ENB that looked good and the base binaries.

Long story short, everything works fine except for the ENB... whenever I try to use the 0150 ENB shadows on equipped items in 1srt person (including my fists) start flickering and going haywire, interestingly this effect goes away when in ironsights it's only 'from the hip' that there's any issies. I've tried a few different ENBs, I've tried just the base ENB, I've tried enabling shader 3 which did fix the slightly translucent items, but not the shadows. Tried both injector and wrapper versions.

Frankly I'm just stumped... everything behaves normally with no ENB involved, it's only when the ENB is active that the shadows start acting up and from what I can see it's only on eqiupped items in first person mode 'from the hip' that they go crazy. Attached my dxdiag to see if there's any clues there as to what's going on.

I had the same problem. Just follow this instructions and problem will be solved.

"in your ini files find bAllow30Shaders=0 and it set to 1, this option will allow (but not force) the use of Shader Model 3.0. This can potentially improve performance when using HDR rendering and will make your ENB mod works properly. You will also need to check your RenderInfo.txt file, found under the same directory as your .ini files, and near the bottom the file check which shader package it uses (e.g. Shader Package : 13). Then go to the \\Fallout New Vegas\Data\Shaders\ folder and rename that particular package to something else (e.g. rename shaderpackage013.sdp to shaderpackage013._bak. Now copy shaderpackage017.sdp and paste it back into the same directory, and rename this new copy to the package name your card uses (e.g. rename it to shaderpackage013.sdp in this example). This will supposedly force Fallout New Vegas to use the Shader Model 3.0 shaders in the game and will allow you to use transparency fix"

Thanks mate, taht got it under control... now if only I could stop it looping when I go to load a game half the time.

Fuuuuuuu.... well that fixed the shadows... and found out about setting the number of cores down for a quad core... but now the transparent gear is back... FFS this is starting to get DAMNED Fing old, I'm guessing Skyrim must have been one HELL of a rewrite because never had THIS much trouble with Skyrim and had it waaaaaaaaay more modded then this...

You soon learn that NV is the most unstable of all the games. Don't bother with EMB series get IMAGINATOR or something like that, I use Cinematech, Imaginator, Dynavision and Directors Chair and have to say i'm very happy with those.