Making a change to world space size?

Asterra

I'm not really necessarily looking for what the title suggests. Here's my predicament:

The mod The Strip Open, a pretty old mod, converts The Strip from two halves into a single unit. Unlike some unfortunate people, I never had any technical issues using the mod. But it had a quirk: it would not make assets visible if they were in "lod" territory. Meaning that anything past a certain point in the distance was simply not shown, leaving a void.

At the time, I figured it was just a limitation of the game engine, or a consequence of there being no lod assets for The Strip's interior. But subsequent to this, I finally took the plunge and started using Freeside Open, which, once again, I have had zero issues with. Freeside Open is an even larger world than The Strip Open, yet it dutifully shows everything in the far distance, albeit typically only loading stuff when the camera points in that direction.

Basically this means the problem I'm having with The Strip Open has the potential of being corrected. Sadly, I don't know what I might need to do to get it to work. I need the game to render stuff in the distance, the same way it does in Freeside Open. Meanwhile, what I see at the far end of The Strip is open, featureless desert, and that sucks.

Edited by Asterra

I am no expert, but it sounds to me like you just need to re-make the Lod files for The Strip Open, in the G.E.C.K. This should not take long to do with new computer systems, but when the game was originally released, Lod generation would take hours to do, even for a small world space. That might be why it was not done for the Strip Open.

If you add (or remove) any VWD/LOD textures (such as NMC, Vurt's WFO, or Ojo Bueno) from your "load order", please see the 'Checklist Item #15 & 16' entries in the wiki "Fallout NV Mod Conflict Troubleshooting" guide regarding the need to run both TES4LL and FNVLODGen; or xLODGen - Terrain LOD beta for FNV, FO3, FO4, FO4VR, TES5, SSE, TES5VR, ENDERAL. Also recommend you read the 'LOD/VWD Texture Packs' section of the wiki "FNV General Mod Use Advice" article first. (These are much easier to use than the GECK for this purpose.)

-Dubious-

If you add (or remove) any VWD/LOD textures (such as NMC, Vurt's WFO, or Ojo Bueno) from your "load order", please see the 'Checklist Item #15 & 16' entries in the wiki "Fallout NV Mod Conflict Troubleshooting" guide regarding the need to run both TES4LL and FNVLODGen; or xLODGen - Terrain LOD beta for FNV, FO3, FO4, FO4VR, TES5, SSE, TES5VR, ENDERAL. Also recommend you read the 'LOD/VWD Texture Packs' section of the wiki "FNV General Mod Use Advice" article first. (These are much easier to use than the GECK for this purpose.)

-Dubious-

That just might come in handy! Thank-you! :)