[LE] I want to clean that mess. Help needed

Gerheardt

Hi everyone!

Since many years, i have a race mod (that is not available anymore), that consists in many .esp, .bsa and loose files. With time, i installed so many mods it hurts. I want to clean this defunct mod to keep a clean version without any loose files, just .esp and .bsa . Let's pretend it's called MartianRace and it's a race mod that lets you become a Martian, some kind of humanoid with almond shaped eyes.

I now have a fresh new install of Skyrim without any mod, excepted for MartianRace, and the few that are required for it to work. Those "required ones" are clean and easy to move/delete. They all hang in an .esp and .bsa each. They're RaceMenu, RaceMenuPlugin and RaceCompatibility. I also installed MartianRace as i already had it kinda separated from the other mods i had before. MartianMod is copied from a USB flash drive since years and ran perfectly each time it was used in new installs. I then know all that is required is there, but i'm also suspecting remnants of other mods through the loose files.

My goal is to know, in the loose files that i have that looks related to MartianRace, which ones really are and which ones aren't. When such task would be done, i would also need to know in which .bsa the loose files belongs to, so i could redo decently the .bsa files to contain their related loose files. I mean by that that there are many parts to MartianRace:

-MartianRace.esp, that adds the essentials of the mod.

-MartianRace-Armorpack.esp that adds adapted and fully working vanilla game armors to NPCs or Player Martians

-MartianRace-Armorpack2.esp that adds adapted and fully working vanilla game armors to NPCs or Player Martians, probably related to an unspecified DLC

-MartianRace-MoreStuff.esp that adds adapted and fully working vanilla game armors and probably clothing to NPC or Player Martians, not sure if related to a DLC

-MartianRace-ReplacerNPC.esp that changes some vanilla game NPCs in Martians

-MartianRace-ReplacerNPCDragonborn.esp that changes some vanilla game NPC's on Solstheim to Martians

-MartianRace-Followers.esp that adds new NPCs that are potential followers to the game

-MartianRace-Ennemies.esp that changes some type of ennemies ingame such as bandits into Martians

How can i know if a loose file is needed by this mod and to which part of it? Can i also rename some of the .esp without breaking it (There are numerous misspells and oddities in their names that gets on my nerves) ? If it matters, every loose file is either in meshes or textures folders. No script or else, just meshes and textures.

Thank you in advance!

Edited by Gerheardt

Not sure it will work, but i'll definitively take a look and try it, thanks.

Otherwise, i just realized that only "MartianRace - Replacer" currently has a bsa, the other ones are only esp. Well, i'll take a look right now with that program or i'll try "trial and error" or will try to open these parts of mod in TESVEdit and try to see if i can see what i need by there. I guess so, but the process will be soooooo long.

I think i finally been able to clean the mess! This program was able to tell me so many things were wrong, but in fact the mod worked fine so... I finally used my brain a little, tried some stuff and it all worked. Only the misspells in the mod's parts names remains. I kinda know why i can't rename them without bugging the hell out of it, but to fix it it would require so much work, i better tolerate this and actually contend myself with the fact that there is no loose files. Yay!