power helmet Interface idea

vash22

Yeah, power helmets do need tunnel vision. I think penalties like this are a lot better than stat penalties because they're not something the player can ignore or compensate for.

And does anyone know if it's possible to make a secondary reticle that floats around the screen and centers on npcs, creatures, items, etc kinda like in the Terminator movies?

I think that this problem should first be addressed with a simple overlay while wearing a Power Helmet:

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn291/FullMetalPatriot/helmet.jpg

Something simple which conveys the impression of wearing a high-tech helmet. It should have Night Vision (maybe that can be toggled) and a constricting FOV, but probably something better than that rush-job I did up there.

Most players WANT to wear Power Armour because it gives so many bonuses with so few offsets, and this FOV decrease should be an offset.

I think ill make an overlay for you.... my screenshots up a few pages were an older version I did for a game concept, but I really like your quick one it inspired me to make another attempt :) I think ill make a dirty and scratched up one that really feels like 'fallout' :)

Nice one, Skree! Thanks a bunch.

Hmm, I wonder if there's any way to get the enemy outlines from V.A.T.S. and put them directly into the interface.... That'd be awesome. I don't know if it's even possible, but it would be... awesome. [/Eden Voice]

Sounds like your trieing to make this a Realistic moding Project Good luck.

Idea.... Add Breathing sound to Helmet and make it so you cant hear the out side sounds as good

Idea.... Add Breathing sound to Helmet and make it so you cant hear the out side sounds as good

Well, that's a good idea but it's not really accurate, because everyone with Power Armour in the game can understand you just fine.

Maybe a sound modulator, that makes everything sound odd?

i think the breathing noise would get annoying very quickly (ala dogmeat). I suppose making some noises sound muffled would work to add to the realism, but i dont think it is as ....... whats the word? potent(?) as the visual aspect of the helmet.

Outside noise being the same can be explained away with external mics to aid in combat... But, if any sounds should be changed, maybe having your own voice modulated when you're hit, and instead of *splortch* sounds from the impacts, have them be metallic.

But, I'd love to see a HUD system integrated with Power Helmets or, at the very least, a foreground overlay. Im looking forward to seeing what Skree000 comes up with.

• 2 weeks later...

Outside noise being the same can be explained away with external mics to aid in combat... But, if any sounds should be changed, maybe having your own voice modulated when you're hit, and instead of *splortch* sounds from the impacts, have them be metallic.

But, I'd love to see a HUD system integrated with Power Helmets or, at the very least, a foreground overlay. Im looking forward to seeing what Skree000 comes up with.

those are very good ideas. the sound of your own voice being muffled would add to realism, wouldnt get annoying, and its funny hearing someone cussing like crazy while muffled for some odd reason...... oh and the metal sound when geting hit would be cool too.

and SGD. that filter looks awesome. the layout is how i was thinking it would look best as. but i think the fuzzy blackness should be replaced by metal and not be so out of focus. also that is night vision, right?

i was playing star wars: republic commando recently and the helmet looks very very close to how i was thinking it should be. exept the little bit of warp effect towards the center, that can stay out.