Disable Trigger Box on Destruction of an Object

Laerithryn

Again many thanks Max for your support. In case I didn't make myself clear earlier, my Destructible Object is a Green Glowing sphere the size of a basketball sitting on top of a static pedestal. So my collision box may already be there just really, really small. I know for a fact something is there collision wise as prior to setting up DisableHavokOnLoad I was able to knock it off of the pedestal while attacking it, to include playing kickball with it. Lol. But I never did set up a Collision Box for it. And everything seems to be working fine currently, do you think I still need to create one? Oh and I got the light disabled by adding a link ref to it, disabling it in the same event as stage 4 of the Destructible Object.

The NavCut Collision is used only if the object is sitting / touching the ground, so no. If i'm not wrong in some of your previous post you meantion "Destructible Barricade", and this is specific model in CK.

I may have mentioned I got the vanilla script from the Destructible Barricade originally so that's probably where that notion came from, my bad.

I've noticed a hitch with my setup. If the player runs up all the way to the sphere (Destructible Object), thus taking massive damage, the player will still inadvertently hit the second trigger box that swaps out the static mesh for the miscellaneous one, without ever reaching stage 4. So the damaging trigger box never gets disabled. Minor perhaps but in the long run still an issue.

I wonder if there's a way to place a check within the swap out trigger box's script to not activate unless stage 4 has been reached within the other Destructible Object's script?

It's difficult to understand what you have done since you are the only one in front of your PC.

Plus, i don't understand why you are using a "Destructible Object and Script", if the object doesn't get destroyed in the end, but instead it gets swap to a Misc.

I fear that you have gotten lost inside your own idea, while the whole thing can be that way simpler without the necessity to use unnecessary functions.

I need an object (a green glowing sphere to be exact) to be like an actor in CK playing the part of the main villain with hit points and all. I need it to pretty much melt/destroy anything touching it or getting to close. Being a noob modder to Skyrim SE and CK I didn't know of any other way to approach this idea other than what I've got so far. Hopefully this will help explain things a bit better.

If you have a spare min see this clip it will help you understand.

For the gist of it:

In short, I have a custom race and follower made from that race which has the key to assist the player in overcoming this evil thing in a quest for it. I'm building a new cell/dungeon to place the Loc-Nar in. As well as a place for the follower to be picked up. As for the Loc-Nar being destroyed which can still do, when all is said and done, I opted to disable it instead for the player to have as a trophy of sorts in it's disabled state is all.

• 1 month later...
hi Guys,

am I right here when it comes to destructible things. I am currently trying out an object in the Creations kit from skyrim, which can be broken down into 4 parts, just like in this mod Destructible Skyrim how do you do this I have come to the point that the barrel what you hit makes destruction noises but this decay animation I'm still missing someone can't explain how to do it.

hi Guys,
am I right here when it comes to destructible things. I am currently trying out an object in the Creations kit from skyrim, which can be broken down into 4 parts, just like in this mod Destructible Skyrim how do you do this I have come to the point that the barrel what you hit makes destruction noises but this decay animation I'm still missing someone can't explain how to do it.

Yeah this got me too without help. So I'll point you in the same direction Maxarturo sent me which helped immensely, check out the Creation Kit site at - https://www.creationkit.com/index.php?title=Destructible_Objects and maybe read through this thread from the beginning may help a bit as well, good luck.