NEW !!! Power armor !!!

flickone

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just remember, zbrush is mainly for organics, hard surface modelling is most reliably (and controllably) done with Sub-D modelling practices in Max, XSI, Maya or other software that lets you control the geo a bit more... mechanically rather than fluently (which is great for organics)

unless you can command zbrush with skill, you might find sub-d modelling more effective, but then, ive seen some nice mecha modelling in zbrush, depends on your experience i guess... my zbrush skills are weak, but I can use it... hehe I just dont cos im scared :)

well its my lets say 2 or 3rd skulp iam gonna try iam practicing a little bit preparing to make my own normal map was trying to learn some tricks how to make nice mech skulpts :smile: cant really start yet waiting for the final uv and mesh

i can only start teasing you :whistling:

here skulp of the mask in about i dunno 15 - 20 minutes i dunno for sure

http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/1908/010ic0.jpg

http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/010ic0.jpg/1/w960.png

Looks good man looks good! Just be aware that the target resolution is 1024x1024, some details will obviously be lost. At this point it all depends on the unwrap, but for equal spacing, well, we'll see what i can come up with tonight after work

I see that you added a BoS symbol on the mouth piece. Although I am not sure if such a small detail will show up in the finished product, you might want to be careful of actually putting Brother of Steel logos in the main suit and helmet. Just use decal add-ons like the current power armor versions. This is because other factions might use your armor. Of course, as long as it is such a small detail it would be easy enough to retouch the normal when retexturing for other factions (assuming you will give others the permission to do so).

Both of you are doing amazing work. Can't wait for the finished product. :thumbsup: