NEW !!! Power armor !!!

flickone

Nice model, I cant wait to see this textured and in-game its going to be in my mods list for sure! Keep it up=)

P.S: I enjoy modeling a lot and I want to start making models for Fallout 3, and I have a few questions. When I am modeling for Fallout 3 can I make the mesh more then one mesh? I mean like if I model a bottle for example would the bottle have to be attached to the lid or can they be separated? Thanks for help guys!

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice model, I cant wait to see this textured and in-game its going to be in my mods list for sure! Keep it up=)

P.S: I enjoy modeling a lot and I want to start making models for Fallout 3, and I have a few questions. When I am modeling for Fallout 3 can I make the mesh more then one mesh? I mean like if I model a bottle for example would the bottle have to be attached to the lid or can they be separated? Thanks for help guys!

As far as I know there's no limit to the amount of meshes you can use for an item, as long as they are rigged correctly in the case of armour, weapons and actors. Personally I've had an item with 11 different mesh objects working fine without any problems in-game, so there's no reason why it isn't possible to do with other things.

In theory you could make a bottle with the cap as a separate mesh, but there's really no need to when it's just as easy to make as one mesh. However when making things where the meshes are to act differently from each other, you'll typically have to split the model into several meshes which can then be told to behave as necessary as you see on gun models or the dismemberment segments on armour models. You can also use multiple mesh objects for easy modularity of your models, for instance the Combat Armour largely uses the same mesh objects for the male and female version, with the only differenc being the chest armour.

That being said, the fewer meshes (ie. NiTriStrips/Shapes in NifSkope) you have to manage, the easier it is to get working as there's less risk of forgetting to do something during the process, so unless absolutely necessary it's best to keep an object in only one mesh.

I would like to say...

HOLY COW!

That mesh and skin looks amazing! My jaw literally dropped when I saw it.

I'd always wanted a more streamlined Pip Boy instead of that boxy thing, and you just made me want to try making a mod myself. I'd never done any modelling before, can this be realistically done with nifscope and photoshop (I had crashes with a skin I edited in PS, not sure if I was using the correct settings in the 3dfx plugin to re-save the dds file)? Anyone knows a good modelling and texturing tutorial for dummies page? Even the stickied mini tutorial is a little too advanced for me...

Can't wait when this is finally completed :D

Thanks!

Id be working on this and my other mods right now, but I formatted my PC and am in the process of reinstalling everything...

installed f3 then geck, but there was some kind of bullcrap conflicts and nothing worked properly... *shakesfist at the idea of installing apps in non-legit folders*

Will be up and running again soon

http://www.kolcrosbie.com/grrr.jpg

Would you stop messing around with your computer and spend all your time helping us hopeless modders?

Modding is seriuz bizzness ya' know! :D

sry for waiting guys allot of school and personal life i finally managed to finish the mesh here it is how it looks

!!! Helm is previous version neewer one has Skree000

- hands are ripped from original fallout model... just to see how it looks

enjoy

!!!!!!!!!!!

http://img124.imageshack.us/img124/941/99666565pm6.jpg

http://img124.imageshack.us/img124/99666565pm6.jpg/1/w1680.png