An open letter to modders who create player homes

Sardonnicus

First off... thank you. Thank you for your hard work. As a non-modder, I am someone who is reaping the benefits of the time and sweat others have put in to create these mods. I don't think people are thanked enough.

Besides weapon mods, my most favorite type of mods are player homes/dwellings. I have tried many house and castle mods on the Nexus and on the steam network. Some are outright amazing. Others are more modest. One thing I found missing from these mods is adequate storage for the "packrat" type of player. That's me BTW. I collect everything. It's how i've always player starting back with FO3. Lots of home mods and even the most elaborate housing mods all have tons of display storage (ie: mannequins and display cases.) Those are great for 'displaying' items, but they are not so great for storing items. When I return back to my home after questing, I will have lots of items... daggers, swords, axes, armors... I want to store them all. I like to display a few items mainly to decorate my living space in a real world manner and not too over-the-top. 30 mannequins and 50 display do not offer me the type of storage i'm looking for.

So far, the 2 house mods that have come the closest to what I am looking for would be:

1. Berts Breezehome Remodel by berticus0001

2. Candle Pond Ranch by Gentester

Berts Breezehome remodel is amazing. The autosorting really fits my play style, and the fact that the items display themselves when sorted does all my decorating for me. His housing mod is light years beyond most others... thats why I'm a big fan of it.

Candle Pond ranch has perhaps the best layout and ease of access of any home mod IMO. It feels like a real home and everything is logically arranged in an easy to use manner. Berts Breezehome Remodelled ended up becoming my main home simply because it had more labelled storage than Candle Pond ranch.

Now both of these mods, while awesome in their own regards are missing just that last little bit that would catapult them into "epic awesome land." That little bit fully labeled storage for everything...

Ideally, I would like a house mod that had labeled storage containers for everything. One for each type of available armor, weapon, arrow... piece of food... or groups of food with an auto display feature (see Berts Breezehome remodeled.) Storage chests for mod collections that could be renamed by the player via TES5Edit. Storage for all the misc stuff like cookware, embalming tools. Sure display cases and mannequins would be cool, but the labeled storage would be essential.

There was a mod in FO3 that was exactly what I have in mind... it was called "Rivet City Apartment." It had labelled storage for everything... easy layout, and tons of boxes for everything else that I could rename using FO3Edit

So I am reaching out to any modder who is working on a player house/dwelling/castle or who has made one that is willing to consider tweaking it. Please think about adding some more labeled storage other than mannequins and display cases... for us packrats out there.

What you need is a player home with item autosorter containers. Myself I use the Skyrim Adventure Tent, and actually summonable housemod that you can place almost everywhere and then move again when you need to relocate. It got all you need, plenty of storage chests, bookshelfs, crafting stations beds for four followers. And if you install and activate the mods needed to get the aoutosorter functions to kick in life will become a lot better for you.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/15272/?tab=3&navtag=%2Fajax%2Fmodimages%2F%3Fuser%3D0%26id%3D15272