MORE ALIEN SKYRIM - De-Boringizing Skyrim

ArtMurder

ArtMurder, seriously; stop being so aggressive. Nobody in here is attacking you, however you are attacking anybody that airs their views which differ somewhat from yours. Calm down.

Sorry, I have a very defense personality....

The sites I use to spend a lot of my time on people where very mean to me for my... life choices? (yeah I know, boo-hoo, the internet was mean to me) That, and I have a very sarcastic-funny type of attitude, and what is meant mostly as a joke just comes off making me look like an a**hole over the internet.

You would think I would learn sarcasm doesn't work on the internet, but whatever.

EDIT: There, I edited away my rude comments. No need to leave them up and make me look bad because I was in a fool mood. I've been up all night, and have a good working version of the demo of this mod out now, so I am in a much better mood. ^_^

Edited by ArtMurder

I have two versions uploaded now, and more refined texture for the galaxy/stars!

Awesome, and I got my first endorsement! I feel special.

Edited by ArtMurder

First, I have to agree with the first reply. I think your text is hard to read. It's too big, green is not a good color for text IMO, and being centered instead of on the left side is no good. Then again, I realize this is just an opinion.

I would like to know what you plan on doing with the textures. I think the Tropical Skyrim Overhaul looks like it does a great job of changing the look of the game. It not only changes textures, but flora models as well and maybe more. You should consider doing the same. I think that a creature replacement mod would be awesome. I think the Earth creatures (horses, wolves, bears, etc.) being replaced with something more creative could add a lot to the game.

First, I have to agree with the first reply. I think your text is hard to read. It's too big, green is not a good color for text IMO, and being centered instead of on the left side is no good. Then again, I realize this is just an opinion.

I would like to know what you plan on doing with the textures. I think the Tropical Skyrim Overhaul looks like it does a great job of changing the look of the game. It not only changes textures, but flora models as well and maybe more. You should consider doing the same. I think that a creature replacement mod would be awesome. I think the Earth creatures (horses, wolves, bears, etc.) being replaced with something more creative could add a lot to the game.

Well, I wanted it to look 'alien' , it was that or neon green. I suppose I could do purple or something. And I think it being centered makes it easier to read, but maybe I'm just weird. I just know the default grey on grey of this site hurts my eyes.

And I intend on doing something like what tropical skyrim does, in fact it inspired me a lot. But I probably won't be quite as extensive. I would like to change the trees and bushes so they look more, well, alien. As for the monsters, I do intend to make a good bit of changes to them too, eventually, no changes to the meshes likely, but texture and maybe name changes. I intend to keep compatibly to a maximum so as not to mess with other mods that mess with load orders, or animal pelts/meat, etc.

My current project is an ENB and lighting change though, I'll get to the texture changes after that. I may ask around for permission to use another ENB as a base, which would save a lot of time.

The eventual 'plan' for the textures, is to make skyrim feel more.... uninviting? not quite 'scary', but I want things to be more threatening, foreign, and at the same time, totally beautiful. I already have some ideas I've been messing with involving giving glow maps to dragons, to make them feel more like gigantic alien monsters, then big pokey lizards. I also have some cool ideas with the dwarven stuff. When it comes to wolves and bears and such, I'm still scratching my head though.

I don't have any specific 'order' I'm doing things in, so if I make a working texture for something, I'll release it as a demo as soon as it's playable! ^_^

To be fair, Skyrim is the homeland of the human races (excluding the Reguards), so it's only natural that Skyrim won't feel so "alien" but akin to the Nordic folktale of all. What you call boring (de-boringizing?) I call immersive and atmospheric. But to each his own. Good luck in your endeavors, and I know there'll be folks that will enjoy this mod upon completion.

Oh, and please change your font. It's pretty damned hard to read.

Where humans lived they got rid of most of the weird stuff. Morrowind was a twisted volcanic wasteland, and the only reasons why the Dunmer are even living there is because their ancestors were convinced to move there by Daedric Princes. Anyone in their right mind would have stayed away that place. We have yet to see Summerset, Elsweyr and Black Marsh, perhaps those places would have the weird stuff you like

EDIT: Retracted comment cause I was rude. Sorry.

Sorry about my tone I was trying to get a message to those who want to wierdfy skyrim.

To be fair, Skyrim is the homeland of the human races (excluding the Reguards), so it's only natural that Skyrim won't feel so "alien" but akin to the Nordic folktale of all. What you call boring (de-boringizing?) I call immersive and atmospheric. But to each his own. Good luck in your endeavors, and I know there'll be folks that will enjoy this mod upon completion.

Oh, and please change your font. It's pretty damned hard to read.

Where humans lived they got rid of most of the weird stuff. Morrowind was a twisted volcanic wasteland, and the only reasons why the Dunmer are even living there is because their ancestors were convinced to move there by Daedric Princes. Anyone in their right mind would have stayed away that place. We have yet to see Summerset, Elsweyr and Black Marsh, perhaps those places would have the weird stuff you like

EDIT: Retracted comment cause I was rude. Sorry.

Sorry about my tone I was trying to get a message to those who want to wierdfy skyrim.

I understand if you don't like the idea of the mod, but there is no reason to try and convince other people to not like my mod, if someone likes they idea, they should download it, if they don't, they shouldn't, it's simple as that.

Anyways, I'm dealing with a... "difficult situation" at home right now, and I'm just being very moody, so I didn't mean to come off rude in the first place. x.x

I've just joined the team on another, much better known mod so this mod may suffer a little. I'll still look into updating it in any way I can. In fact, I'll try to have new color versions out for the demo here soon. ^_^

UPDATE! I fixed the 'Black Grid in the Sky' glitch FOR GOOD, and I also uploaded THREE new choices of color for the large planet in the sky! With two options of size, that makes for a good bit of customization, just for a demo!

Green

Red

Saturn

New, crisper high-res galaxy!

• 3 weeks later...

I would like to post an update:

I have Officially started work on MAS Nature - a project to change all plants in skyrim to more alien looking alternatives, as well as changes to animal textures.

This will likely be dependent on the Dragonborn DLC and possibly the Dawnguard DLC - and I apologize for that