Frequent freezing/crashing

Rukimster

I sure know about this game's "superb" stability, I've been playing it for a long time. So, again, what puzzles me is that last time I installed it (about a year ago) I managed to play it for hours at a time with nothing crashing or freezing while also having 90% of the same mods I have now. And I didn't even do anything to optimize my LO back then! I will follow your advice and work in FNVEdit (I have already started reading the manual a couple of days ago), but I'm feeling that there's something else wrong with the game, not the whole LO thing. Once again, thank you for taking the time to answer my questions in this thread.

Well I'll double check, but really if I'd like to recommend Wrye Flash for the merged patch now your modding pretty hard. I'll post back with any suggestions if I find any.

Well, as I'd suspected, it was an audio problem. Turning "Multi-threaded audio" off in NV Configator completely solved the crashing/freezing problem. Weird as hell, but that's Gamebryo engine for you. Once again, thank you, SMB92, for trying to help me and for suggesting the awesome NVEC!

Edited by Rukimster

You're welcome :). So the audio eh? hahaha how typical of NV! You tried looking into what codecs you got running? maybe one of them triggered it. Anyhow good luck on your NV playthrough, don't let the wastes get you down XD