How do I script an item that can't be removed once equipped?

lurkher

One simple way is to flag the item as a "quest item". Such cannot be removed from the inventory. But note "removed" does not equal "unequipped".

Another method is to attach an "object script" to the inventory item, which checks for the presence of a "unplayable (and thus invisible) token" object also placed in the inventory. As long as the token is present the "object script" will limit the permitted actions. (An example of the use of a "token" is in the GECKWiki tutorial Adding an Options Menu. "Tokens" can also be used to store information on an Actor. See ActorValue.)

You might try searching on the keyword "token" in the wiki "Getting started creating mods using GECK" article for other tips on the subject.

-Dubious-

One simple way is to flag the item as a "quest item". Such cannot be removed from the inventory. But note "removed" does not equal "unequipped".

Another method is to attach an "object script" to the inventory item, which checks for the presence of a "unplayable (and thus invisible) token" object also placed in the inventory. As long as the token is present the "object script" will limit the permitted actions. (An example of the use of a "token" is in the GECKWiki tutorial Adding an Options Menu. "Tokens" can also be used to store information on an Actor. See ActorValue.)

You might try searching on the keyword "token" in the wiki "Getting started creating mods using GECK" article for other tips on the subject.

-Dubious-

Yes, I looking for an item that can't be unequipped.

I'll check these resources and see what can I do. Thank you