The ability to climb trees

hayleyb629

I would love a more realistic movement at all, more fitting with the environment. Like in assassins creed.

I know it would be illegal, but combining the two games would be a perfect mix. Maybe not for the mage and warrior type of character, but for the assassins, thieves, and possibly hunters it would be perfect. But one can only dream, we would have to create our own animations. But I guess that should do.

Climbing in trees! That is great, of course, but you are dreaming to small. Houses, cliffs, mountains, ruins, people, angry old ladies, dragons... An acrobatics/climbing skill would be awesome! Plus it really breaks the immersion that mountainclimbing is basicly mountain-jogging, that treeclimbing is "use TCL, go up and pretend that you are actully in the tree".

Yeah, I was dreaming for this for a long time now, but that will be a s#*!-ton of work... Just for the tree climbing thing, it will need new animations, a lot of scripting I think, I don't even know if it's possible that if you face any tree, a " press E to climb" shows up... Too bad :confused:

Make the tree branches properly solid (atm you can jump through them), and make new types of tree that would actually hold weight. The "E to climb" way would take a lot of work, you'd have to put invisible door markers for each individual tree, and that would take too long to bother. I hope this becomes a mod because it's a great idea.

There is a mod that lets you shoot arrows and climb up the rope. I'm sure you could do something similar to climb anything you want. You wouldn't need to actually edit ANYTHING in game, just have a special arrow that you can shoot at an object that lets you climb it. Also, if the climbing forces first person, then no worries about animations.

I don't think it is only a question of animations. I think that it is not that easy that the pcs or npcs interact with the world (you see, in skyrim they do not even walk stairs realistically) I once watched a video how they made it possible in ac3 to climb rocks. Its quite difficult and much work.