LOD detail ini settings? Water ripples, reflection and dynamic waterfa

aleksanderne

Hi..
Im working on my modded skyrim and was hoping some of you could spare me a few houres of testing different ini settings.

I want to find out:

Which setting decides at what distance waterfalls become static and no longer dynamic. There has to be a setting to increas this distance?
Water, which settigns decides at what distance water looses it ripple and reflection effects, to become gray and ugly LOD water.

I was wondering is there another forum that is more active with graphical and ini tweakes settings?
I find this forum quit dead and non responsiv when it comes to skyrim engine optimization and graphical enthusiasm.

Hers a picture showing my current skyrim at 5760x1080.
Now look at the island in the middel and see how the water becomes gray and ugly in the distance. Click to see zoomed picture (http://postimage.org/image/gk7pbl9ox/full/)

http://s8.postimage.org/w5p0vjln9/TESV_2013_03_08_13_19_23_75.jpg

Its the same at dawn. Click to see zoomed picture http://postimage.org/image/9i9rpe635/full/
http://s8.postimage.org/jfksigdp1/TESV_2013_03_08_13_20_05_15.jpg
Im a skyrim graphical enthusiast and running with this mods.
Climates of tamriel
Enhanced lights and FX
Lighting overhaul customized
SkyRealism ENB

PC Specs

Nvidia GTX Titan
I7 3770K@ 4.8 Ghz
Z77 Sabertooth
16gb corsair vengeance 1866Mhz

Playing on 5760x1080 (surround view)
Semi 3D (Center monitor with nvidia 3D)

Edited by aleksanderne

I know there is a setting you can change so that more 'cells' are loaded around you, I think by default it's set to something like 3 or 5, and you can set it up to 9-11, but it creates pretty bad lag on lesser computers (I tried putting mine at 7 once and it worked, and my computers less powerful then yours.) I know it makes ALL save files using another setting of this invalid. I can not remember the ini setting itself though, sadly. I'm sure someone else will know though.

other then that, look into mods like 'WATER' I don't know exactly what mod I used to do it (I have like 200 installed alltogether) but all my waterfalls and water look simply amazing even really far off. I had a similar "flip the table" moment with waterfalls a while back and how ugly they looked in my pretty game.

Try searching the phrase "LOD" and you might find a good mod, it's what I did.

I am using WATER 1.6 and what you talk about is the ugrids to load.

Sadly i can not set higer than 7.

To put it simpley. Skyrim has 3,2 GB memory it can use at max while still being stable.

And this limits how much you can actually do with skyrim.

You only get a certain ammount of mods u can use before skyrim reaches this limit. (this dos not include addon mods only graphical)
And with 5760x1080 resolution, my handpicked custom texture pack(4k), enb series + the other lighting mods I have reached that limit.

Leaving ugrid 7 the max i can do. If i try with 9 the game tries to use more than 3,2 and the game wont load at all.

I am using WATER 1.6 and what you talk about is the ugrids to load.

Sadly i can not set higer than 7.

To put it simpley. Skyrim has 3,2 GB memory it can use at max while still being stable.

And this limits how much you can actually do with skyrim.

You only get a certain ammount of mods u can use before skyrim reaches this limit. (this dos not include addon mods only graphical)

And with 5760x1080 resolution, my handpicked custom texture pack(4k), enb series + the other lighting mods I have reached that limit.

Leaving ugrid 7 the max i can do. If i try with 9 the game tries to use more than 3,2 and the game wont load at all.

I thought the cap was 4g? I have 16g of memory to, so I feel your pain, 12 gigs just sitting there, unused..

and I never got the multi monitor thing, but then again, I sit like, 6 inches from my monitor, and it's like 2 foot wide.

I'll see if I can track down the mod I used, I know there is a good mod out there to replace the waterfalls, cause I have it. Other then that, water is about the best there is sadly. (not saying water isn't great)