AA12 and BarettM82

einherjrar

Here are the other two extremes I can work with the scope that I just worked up;

The short short ACOG style scope, and the super long scope; and everything in between.

EDIT; I decided that the long extreme wasn't long enough.

EDIT2; decided to throw up a screen of what it looks like sans scope.

OMFG! I want to use that AA-12 in game now! That gun is KICKASS! Our military is unstoppable now! Please make both!

Now all we need is better textures on that M82 and we are set!

Updates on the BARRETT M82 'American Sniper Rifle' project Beta AND the AA-12/USAS-12 'American Combat Shotgun' project Beta;

=============================================================

Barrett News: Updates! :thumbsup:

Okay, the Barrett M82 builds (a1,a2,a3,a4) are up and ready for download;

several version updates since release (I think they all had to

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=2733

Textures of the base gun are awful (co-opted vanilla textures), but the Magazine and Scope texture are simply awesome; though nothing is as good as it should be.

V1.21-V1.6

-----------------------------------

M82a1 (regular length barrel)

M82a2 (slightly longer barrel)

M82a3 (Incredibly longer barrel) AKA the 'TURRET' (fictive)

M82a4 (impossibly short barrel) AKA the 'BOZAR SBAR' (Fictive, Fallout 2 port)

-----------------------------------

M82 a1, a2, a3, and a4 replaces the 'Sniper Rifle' data entry

------------------

M82 a1, a2, and a3 use the same game mechanics (ROF, damage, caliber, magazine capacity, ect) of Vanilla.

M82 a4 BOZAR SBAR uses different game mechanics (10 round bursts in vats, 30 round magazine, increased zoom)

-----------------

AA-12/USAS-12 News: Updates! :thumbsup:

AA-12 history :ninja:

-----------------------------------------------

http://world.guns.ru/shotgun/sh29-e.htm

USAS-12 history :ninja:

-----------------------------------------------

http://world.guns.ru/shotgun/sh16-e.htm

Okay; I'm proud to announce that the AA-12 project is moving forward with gusto.

With the Barrett 'American Sniper Rifle' project Beta off the ground and accompanied by several corrections, variations, versions, and updates posted since it's upload two days ago, further updates of that project can be shelved for a few days while I address the matter of an 'American Combat Shotgun'.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BORING: AA-12 brief history if you have no idea what an AA-12 is

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

History; The 'AA-12' or 'Auto Assault-12' has been in development for decades, and it's design has been modified heavily by not just one, but several manufacturers and it's license has changed hands many times; thus it has received improvements from several different sources.

I won't try to catalogue the changes made that turned this weapon from mild to wild, but I understand it's been taken over by MPS inc. (Military-Police Systems) run by that smooth talking Texan; Jerry Baber.(Gerry?; as in Gerald maybe). He and MPS inc. are credited for something like 200 design changes to the AA-12.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AA12 Beta

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Expect a BETA file entry in the weapons download LATE tonight (very late for some of you, I'm west coast USA).

http://fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=2800

Currently, I have been working with a USAS-12 model for the "American Combat Shotgun" Beta.

I wanted a model based on the 2006 or newer current model, but the USAS12 (a 'kind' of predecessor, not really a parent of the current AA-12 (Auto Assault 12), but more like a male without a father child of the original AA12 (Atchisson Assault 12).

I am working currently on replacing the carrying handle of the USAS12 with the dual sight posts like the current version; don't expect the first versions to look like the AA12, they will look like the USAS12. I do not anticipate many problems altering/modifying the model to more passably resemble the AA-12 in immediate releases;

Though I AM STILL LOOKING FOR AN AUTOASSAULT-12 FREE MODEL or direct contact with all the authors of some of the licensed free models other people have put out there.

So; for right now the AA-12 will share the appearence of it's half brother, the USAS12 (daewoo).

The USAS-12 is what I always thought of as the quintessential american combat shotgun when I was a kid (even though it was made by Daewoo of south korea and was triple or more the cost of a striker-12/streetsweeper.

I plan to preserve both the USAS12 and AA12 after release; there will be improvements to make to them both, and they are 'American Combat Shotguns'.

FYI - As with my other Betas; the earliest versions will be COMPLETE REPLACEMENTS of the vanilla skins using vanilla game data (ROF, Mag cap, Damage, ect). Don't expect a non-replacer version right out of Alpha.

-updates are already planned that will change how the gun works; should be posted within a day, possibly two, of the AA-12 Beta release.

-ein

EDIT; Here are two RL photo's of the section of the two planned versions of the Atchisson shotgun systems evolution that I will be publishing below; Plan is to use both.

USAS now, AA12 hopefully soon (will require free model or some fancy 3d modeling, which I need to take a crack at anyway.)

AA12/USAS12 BETA IS UP;

-----------------------------------------------------------------

ninja.gif -=AA12/USAS12 Download Link=- ninja.gif

http://fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=2800

-----------------------------------------------------------------

3 version package;

a - Vanilla Data shotgun; new skin

b - Auto Assault Shotgun; 12 round mag

c - Auto Assault Shotgun; 30 round drum

Below are screens of the Beta which has been released;

Edit; those are not extra frames, just a lighting error.

Archived