NVAC Log, maybe Nif/Anim related

LookoutPoint

Hi,

I get this randomly since I updated some mods (Universal Item Sorter, Ragdolls TTW) and added new mods to my game (Hitman Aniversary Pack and dragbody 10year pack). Never experienced this logentry before.

Last time I got this while stuck in 3rd persion view. I can't switch back to 1st person and after 3-5 seconds this entry happens.

NewVegasAntiCrash FalloutNV.exe
01145054  0AD90000 07050000 nvac.dll
01145054 _ 0AB20000 05010060 nvse_14.dll
01145054  77470000 0A004A62 ntdll.dll
01145327 h 004F0680 8B118B4D FalloutNV.exe
01145327 h 004F0685 8B420CFF FalloutNV.exe
01145327 n 00000000 004F068A
01145327 r 004F068A 00000000 FalloutNV.exe
01145404 h 004F0680 8B118B4D FalloutNV.exe
01145404 h 004F0685 8B420CFF FalloutNV.exe
01145404 n 00000000 004F068A
01145404 r 004F068A 00000000 FalloutNV.exe
01145759 _ 00400000 00000000 FalloutNV.exe

Any idea what could cause this? just a report, no ctd.

I talked to lStewieAl and karut in discord and they said "Something nif related, to do with a NiMultiTargetTransformController", "something when trying to free an AnimIdle".

So i'm sitting here and don't know how to investigate this any further. :psyduck:

Any more infors needed? I can provide anything that might be helpful.

Thanks and take care

• 1 month later...

Sorry about the delay responding. I missed this the first time around after I unexpectedly didn't have access for two weeks.

Those messages appear at the beginning of virtually every NVAC log I've seen. They are not really helpful for your particular problem.

That having been said, I would pursue the angle proposed by "lStewieAl and karut": a NIF file problem. Make note of when and where the problem occurs. Try to reproduce it reliably; making note of the weapon or "idle animations" you and any NPCs are using. Once you can do that, then follow the procedure in 'Issue: Find the source mod-index of an object in-game' entry under the 'Solutions to Mesh (Red "!" icon) or Texture (solid color) problems' section of the wiki "Fallout NV Mod Conflict Troubleshooting" article. The animation most likely is related to a weapon, but might be an "idle" on either your character or an NPC mesh.

Once you have a "candidate", try uninstalling mods related to that "candidate" to see which removes the problem. Note that just "disabling" a mod might not restore any files that got overwritten by the mod (depending upon your mod manager). If you have installed "animation" files from a separate mod, trying uninstalling them first one at a time.

Don't forget to toggle "ArchiveInvalidation" between each file change so the game knows to update the list of "loose" files it is supposed to use instead of those in the BSAs.

-Dubious-

• 2 weeks later...

So on the good side I have found a location where this error happens reproduceable. It is near North Vegas Square. When I enter a specific area this log entry happens. But there is so much stuff around. Many poeple.

I have deactivated all mods (only uncheck not uninstalled) and the error still occurs. Again sounds like nif-related problem.

But where should I start? I could disable the npc via seperated *.esp file. Maybe GECK errorlog says something usefull while loading this area.

As you said I will start with animations. ArchiveInvalidation is up to date via NMM.

Being able to reliably reproduce the problem is actually great progress. Now you have the means to identify the source mod with the problem. Use the procedure given in my original reply to check for anything with a "mod index" that is not "00" or that of one of the DLCs. Those are candidates as the mod with the bugged mesh. "NiMultiTargetTransformController" suggests it is probably a weapon.

IF this is a NIF problem, deactivating mods may not restore any mesh files which were replaced by a mod (depending upon your mod manager). (Disabling NPCs won't prevent the problem because the meshes will still be loaded.) Mod are replacing the original meshes and textures from the vanilla game located in the "Fallout - *.BSA" files by installing "loose files" in the appropriate "Data" sub folders. Toggling "ArchiveInvalidation" (AI) tells the the game to check for "loose files" and use them instead of the ones in the BSA files. You need to toggle AI after any changes to your load order that add or remove those files; but only by removing (delete or uninstall) the mod's "loose files" from the "Data\Mesh" folder tree so the game will use the original BSA file versions will correct the issue.

-Dubious-

First: I have found the broken meshes.
Second: How I found them:
Without ArchiveInvalidation the error is gone as expected. Renaming the whole meshes folder to someting else also removes the error.
So I added half of the meshes folders back and no error occurs. Then I added the other half and the error was back. Again did 50:50 with these folders so long till I had 4 folders left. All folders modified last at the exact same date. Now it was easy to look in NMM which mod was installed at this date. It was a retexture mod (with meshes) called Lil Bits. Some of the clutter meshes are the cause of these NVAC errors.
I have no clue about meshes and In Nifskope I don't see anything special.
Will write with the mod author about these errors. Maybe he can reproduce and fix them.

Thanks for your help and tips Dubious!

Edited by LookoutPoint