Landscape Importing results in blocky surface

kschulz

<p>I am actually porting the world of Cryodiil from Oblivion to the Skyrim engine/platform for private use (there might be issues using original game content for a mod)]. I have managed to create an bmp (out of the exported meshes) but struggles now with the import via Tesannwyn (version 023.beta) The size of the area is 4474x3072 8bit grayscale (results in 140, 96 cells). The 8 bit gray scale heightmap requires a scaling to get the real height back (some mountains are still capped) and thus is leading to a "block surface" (see picture). With 16 bit gray scale it is still worser (extruded planes, sky scraping needles).</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Are there any hints to solve this problem? Doing manually landscape editing leads to good results (see picture of Waterfront). But by the landscape size  a time intensive job.</p>

<p> </p>

<p></p>

<p>Landscape problem</p>

<p> </p>

<p></p>

<p>In Game picture of Waterfront</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Thanks </p>

Edited by kschulz

Thanks for your reply. Exporting from the TESConstructionSet (TES4) delivers the .raw files, They can be combined with Photoshop. Importing the files with Ck heightmap Editor results in a CTD. Importing the original produced files will also result in some "broken" surfaces. On the other hand the height seen for me oversized.

• 2 weeks later...

<p>Ok. Finally I have manged it to transfer the Oblivion word into  the Skyrim compatible world. Combining the 4 .raw files comming out of TES4 delivers only a part around Imperial City.</p>

<p> </p>

<p style="text-align:center;"></p>

<p> </p>

<p>To get the whole world I exported also the .raw using TESannwyn. Using the "-b 32" parameter delivers a file (image file has dimensions: 4288x4128 (32-bit)) which imported into Sykrim has the same cell size (134 cells by 130 cells) and the same height of the highest mountain. Only problem was the use with CK. Loading with "Skyrim.esm" as masterfile did not work. Loading as plugin works. Saving the plugin removes some height errors. After converting the plugin to an .esm it was also possible to load the file with "skyrim.esm".  Making a LOD with Oscape was also no problem. Restriction is only the limitation of CK to save in .esp files. Any changes will be stored there (weather, map marker, adding trees and so on). But loading both files  as Sykrim addon works perfect.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Thanks for the hints and kind regards</p>

Edited by kschulz