Mod Request: Realistic Damage

marslifestyle

This is something that really bugs me about this game. On one hand when your shooting drones or the robots I'm expecting them to be more or less bullet sponges. But the fact that humans can just absorb so many bullets breaks so much of the immersion for me. I played on very hard but it doesnt change the fact that an enemy human can take an entire machine gun clip to their body and not die, its just stupid.

I would absolutely love it if someone could make a realistic damage mod, no more human bullet sponges!

This! I would love to have realistic damage mod for all weapons in CP2077 like in RWD for Fallout New Vegas. This is by far the only thing I want for better combat immersion in this game. Humans have to be at least vulnerable for headshots. Headshots MUST kill them with one shot! Edited by WingyBullet

If it helps your immersion any, I think humans taking a lot of bullets fits the lore decently. Viktor mentions that every boxing match is lame now because all of the boxers have cybernetically armored skin and such, and you yourself can get said armor for your own skin, so it's not a stretch to think that most people in violent careers would get something so vital for themselves.
Edit: The description for the subdermal armor says "A major hit on the armor market for decades.", so I think that's what they intended as well.

I agree enemies are a bit too spongey, but hopefully this explanation can help preserve the immersion a bit.

Edited by ThamosII

I dont care if its 1 shot 1 kill but it shouldnt be 400 shots 1 kill nonetheless. Hard mode should make enemies detect you easier and make them do more damage. But the sthealth shouldnt be just grab/kill. When you are in stealth and headshot a person with suspenser he should die not turn to you and just kill you HE JUST GOT A BULLET IN HIS HEAD FOR GOD SAKE.

Edited by MetoG230

This is something that really bugs me about this game. On one hand when your shooting drones or the robots I'm expecting them to be more or less bullet sponges. But the fact that humans can just absorb so many bullets breaks so much of the immersion for me. I played on very hard but it doesnt change the fact that an enemy human can take an entire machine gun clip to their body and not die, its just stupid.

I would absolutely love it if someone could make a realistic damage mod, no more human bullet sponges!

This is more or less what I request as develling, make every "human" the same level as the player and only allow some of them to resist a bit more due to their implants, not their level.

Emptying a full clip just to make 25% damage is retarded to the last degree...

then what would the point of playing very hard be if you just kill every1 with 1 shot?

you would be killed with a single bullet as well, or maybe 2 or 3, not much. Game would be MUCH harder actually.

Playing harder would be to get more implants, more modifications so you could survive some places you couldn't without those mods.

Did you try Witcher 3 Enhanced Edition ? WAY harder than vanilla and way more enjoyable actually, skills would be player's ones, not just based on stupid mechanics that prevents immersion.

Edited by Yzangard