Dodge animation

jaosals42

I think Fallout 3 should also have a dodge animation like in Oblivion, however, without the crappy vanilla animations that were used in Oblivion's dodging. The keys should be similar so Oblivion players (like me) would be used to such controls. I'd do this myself, but I lack the programs and experience to. I believe a great person to undertake this would be OWASephirot (remember his animation replacers in Oblivion?), but I don't know if he mods Fallout 3 nor if he would feel like making another animation mod. Dodging would be very useful against certain enemies like mole rats and avoiding the missiles fired by your enemies (often quite hard in vanilla Fallout 3) so your character receives less damage. Other reasons as to why it'd be useful are also welcome.

Yeah, Oblivion's dodge was to quickly jump out of the way of danger by double-tapping the direction you wanted to go. It would certainly make wearing light armor less of a disadvantage. And maybe dodging would be disabled for heavy armor?

I think Fallout 3 should also have a dodge animation like in Oblivion, however, without the crappy vanilla animations that were used in Oblivion's dodging. The keys should be similar so Oblivion players (like me) would be used to such controls. I'd do this myself, but I lack the programs and experience to. I believe a great person to undertake this would be OWASephirot (remember his animation replacers in Oblivion?), but I don't know if he mods Fallout 3 nor if he would feel like making another animation mod. Dodging would be very useful against certain enemies like mole rats and avoiding the missiles fired by your enemies (often quite hard in vanilla Fallout 3) so your character receives less damage. Other reasons as to why it'd be useful are also welcome.

I was wondering why these animations from Oblivion were missing in Fallout 3. And I do Agree Seph had one of the best animation replacers.

Bump!

Archived