Looking for insight on a loadorder.

xan3mk

I'm not very vocal on the Nexus, considering I've been around for almost 6 years, but I ran into interesting issue for which I'd like a few extra pairs of eyes, if at all possible.

I re-installed Skyrim few days ago and grabbed couple of mods, installed them, used BOSS and manually did some re-ordering afterwards. Now, the issue at hand is that the game has tendencies to CTD at times, but at random intervals and with nothing specific happening that would help me pinpoint the issue. Sometimes I can CTD like 20min after I start the game and sometimes it is running perfectly fine for 2-3 hours. I also noticed some "artefacts" happening in the game, like the tree in Whiterun missing (untill the game is restarted) or the NPC face skin tone being abnormal (indicating to some sort of conflict IMO)

This is my current list of mods/loadorder:

(0 -> 0) Skyrim.esm
(1 -> 1) Update.esm
(2 -> 2) Dawnguard.esm
(3 -> 3) Dragonborn.esm
(4 -> 4) ApachiiHair.esm
(5 -> 5) ApachiiHairFemales.esm
(6 -> 6) ApachiiHairMales.esm
(7 -> 7) SkyMoMod.esm
(8 -> 8) TERAArmors.esm
(9 -> 9) Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp
(10 -> 10) Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp
(11 -> 11) Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp
(12 -> 12) Character Creation Overhaul.esp
(13 -> 13) CCO - Diverse Races And Genders.esp
(14 -> 14) CCO - Dynamic Skill Progression.esp
(15 -> 15) SkyUI.esp
(16 -> 16) TERAArmors.esp
(17 -> 17) Lineage 2 Crossbows.esp
(18 -> 18) gun.esp
(19 -> 19) DeadlyDragons.esp
(20 -> 20) Locational Damage.esp
(21 -> 21) No Skill Limit.esp
(22 -> 22) SkyRe_Main.esp
(23 -> 23) SkyRe_Combat.esp
(24 -> 24) SkyRe_CraftingFix.esp
(25 -> 25) SkyRe_EncounterZones.esp
(26 -> 26) SkyRe_EnemyAI.esp
(27 -> 27) SkyRe_EnemyScaling.esp
(28 -> 28) Male Presets 2-3.esp
(29 -> 29) Follower_Addon_V2_.esp
(30 -> 30) NPC_Overhaul_1_3_.esp
(31 -> 31) ReProccer.esp
(32 -> 32) ReProccerNONPLAYERfix.esp
(33 -> 33) ReProccerDragonborn.esp
(34 -> 34) DragonbornArmorFix.esp

My guess is that either some scripts might be overlapping (somehow?) or some of the .bsa's are going haywire, but so far no testing and/or experimenting has shown any results.

Help, if possible, would be appreciated.

P.S. The issue is not gamebreaking (not to me at least, so far) but it would be nice if an answer to it could be found.

May i ask why if you sorted the masterlist by BOSS you manually reordered the list?

Is because of some unrecognized mods?

If you still have those issues you should try to disinstall ALL mods you have and make a run of the game to see if those artifacts or those CTD's still happens.

Then add one by one the mods about graphics enhancement and give a run again, until you notice the errors you are talking about, and you will have a big hint on what mod give you headaches.

It's a tedious and long work, i know, but sometimes it's the only way to get rid of those strange things.

Even check the LOCAL FILES of the game by inside Steam, just to be sure there are not any corrupted file.

:happy:

....., used BOSS and manually did some re-ordering afterwards....

BOSS found only 3 unrecogonised mods (Lineage 2 Crossbows.esp / NPC_Overhaul_1_3_.esp / ReProccerDragonborn.esp) which I had to move around a bit so ReProccer won't conflict with them. (+ some of the .esp's from same mods were split around the masterlist in a weird way. I ran the game both with the BOSS and manual loadorder, didn't make any difference.)

The only graphical enhancment mods I use, if I can even call them that way, are the Apachii hairs and the NPC overhaul mods. I know that both ReProccer and the NPC overhaul like to be at the bottom of loadorder so I can try swaping them around, though I doubt it will make any difference.

Also, if it is of any use, BOSS didn't find any errors in the mods, aside from the usual need to clean the "dirt" in the official masters (Update.esm, Dawnguard.esm and Dragonborn.esm)

Try to run the game without any mod installed.

If you still have strange artifacts...(i had the trees that lost textures and even without any mod no textures on them) a clean install of the game and the whole reinstallation of the plethora of mods...

It's a pain i know, but now i have a lvl25 new char (with more than 80 mods on) with no crash at all (just one for nvidia driver error though, but not related to Skyrim)

I might give it a try, though that isn't helping much :P
As for clean installation, kinda pointless, this is already a clean installation and the mods that are listed above are the ONLY mods that have been present in the current installation.

Mods that edit NPCs are some of the single worst for causing random CTDs, glitches and weirdness, I NEVER touch NPC overhauls/editors due to this. I once had to do a a fresh install because I tried to use the Apachi Hair for NPCs mod.

Also, a LOT of things DON'T need to be loaded after SkyRe, if you don't know where something goes, by default, but it BEFORE SkyRe. I love SkyRe, and I'm use to balancing my game around it.