Mod request: Weapon system overhaul

modVP

I don't know what the official name is for these weapon systems where you pick up the same weapons with different rarity categories and stat alterations but this style of a weapon system is the worst (my opinion) when it comes to micro managing. The only other game I know of like this is the Borderlands series.

Changing this so that there's no longer any rarity tiers for the same weapons would be an overhaul that I don't think anybody should try to undertake without playing the game on all difficulties and really understanding the balance and the implications behind such a mod. Something easier would be to keep rarity tiers but to remove all of the stat variations within the tiers.

I don't know if I'm alone in this opinion or not so the only way to find out is to share. I realize that this isn't easy to do, it comes down to someone feeling the same way who had the know how to pull it off.

Edited by modVP

There is an improvement that might help and be easier to implement. I believe when loot spawns, it's scaled to V's level. That means every time you gain a level you can go kill a random mugger and get a weapon that's better than what you were using. Too much micromanagement. It would help if someone implemented a random modifier to loot that spawns, so it's not always at V's level. If you're level 20, loot might spawn between level 10-20. It would make finding better gear a more meaningful experience. It would make crafting more valuable, shops more valuable, and generally make the game more enjoyable experience in the short term. In a year I'm sure someone will do a full loot overhaul, complete with new cyberware, guns, armor, and who knows what else.