LGNPC Tel Uvirith - Unable to find cell id

Anthon2451

Whenever i try to load a savefile i get the error :

Expression Error Unable to find cell id "Molag Amur Region" in script jo_tu_StewardScript.

Afterwards, the game crashes. I suspect that the problem is the the LGNPC Tel Uvirith mod, but i can't manage to solve this problem in any way.

Whenever i try to load a savefile i get the error :

Expression Error Unable to find cell id "Molag Amur Region" in script jo_tu_StewardScript.

Afterwards, the game crashes. I suspect that the problem is the the LGNPC Tel Uvirith mod, but i can't manage to solve this problem in any way.

Load that script into MWEdit and look for the cell ID.

If you want to find out what mod has that script then use TESPCD.

Yep, that our (my) bad.

Apparently there is no Molag Amur region in the game. Instead it is Molag Mar region. Sadly, the script compiler did not catch it. Either the line did not have a chance to process during testing (unlikely) or the game engine shrugged its shoulders and let it pass, but the error has gone undetected for over ten years.

Since your game immediately crashes upon loading, there is no point in providing the console commands that would let you side-step the problem. If you have an earlier save from before you began the process of choosing a steward (that is before you appoint one of your retainers as steward), you can prevent the error by opening the console and type:

"tunila omavel"->SetHello 31

That will cause the script to stop running and restore Tunila Omavel's healing services. Do this after starting the process of choosing a steward, but not before you have spoken (not appointed) all of the retainers you want to consult.

Alternately, you could edit the script in the construction set.

Load the script: jo_tu_StewardScript

Edit line 23:

elseif ( ( GetPCCell "Molag Amur region" ) == 1 )

to read:

elseif ( ( GetPCCell "Molag Mar region" ) == 1 )

Save (compile) the script, save the file. Clean the mod with tes3cmd, renumber the references using Wrye Mash (46759) and redate the mod using Wrye Mash (6/26/2008/11:00:00 PM). You may receive a warning upon loading you save, but if you did it correctly, the warning will not return after your next save.

I'm on it now.

Update:

I cannot get the change to compile (you might have better luck). The compliler does not recognize the region 'Molag Mar Region'. That may be because the cells in the Molag Mar Region have the ID Molag Amur. For those of you who are confused by all of this, Bethesda mistakenly named the region after the settlement Molag Mar, but the cells are for the region Molag Amur.

Is it possible that you (Anthon) are using OpenMW? Its engine tends to be more exacting. If that is the case (and I would appreciate knowing), I need to rework the script to run under OpenMW, before LGNPC Tel Uvivith can be complatible with the new engine.

Edited by cyran0

Update:

I cannot get the change to compile (you might have better luck). The compliler does not recognize the region 'Molag Mar Region'. That may be because the cells in the Molag Mar Region have the ID Molag Amur. For those of you who are confused by all of this, Bethesda mistakenly named the region after the settlement Molag Mar, but the cells are for the region Molag Amur.

Just curious. Is it possible to use the cell coordinates in a script, just as one need to use for the 'COE' command in the console?