ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Lagging when I exit any kind of building or fast travel to several loc

rudiik653

Okay I've been through this a lot now. This is driving me crazy...
I have the weird problem with FPS losses whenever I exit building or anything like that, FPS losses.
Yes, I have 64 bit windows, 4 gb of RAM, gt 550 ti. What can be the source of this lagg? It happens when I fast travel and exit buildings, pretty much thats the main thing, and I searched all over the internet for the help, but nothing helped me yet...

ive been seeing that happen lately too. it never happened before I got the Dragonborn DLC. Do you also have the dlc because thats the only possible factor i can think of since I havent installed any kind of texture mod or other major mod after getting the DLC.

It happens to me every now and then, too. I'm used to a discrepancy between interiors and exteriors now, so it doesn't really bug me. I normally have anywhere from 40-50 FPS in exteriors (minus areas such as Whiterun / Windhelm, which tend to dip and stutter here and there) and around 30+ with an ENB active, and 60 FPS in interiors + dungeons / 45-50 with ENB running. Is the frame rate loss just a momentary thing when you exit a building or fast travel? If you're running lots of texture replacers and mods, like I am, it's likely just rendering everything, which causes some 'hiccups' in the framerate. For example, when I first enter Whiterun, it's normally a bit laggy for anywhere from a few seconds to upwards of 30 before it gets back into the swing of things. Same thing can happen with fast travelling and exiting buildings. It doesn't really bother me since it's pretty minor in my experience, but if yours is worse, I could see how it would be frustrating.